Who are we?
Abel & Cole has pioneered organic, ethical and sustainable food delivery for over 30 years. Doing things better is our bread and butter; from saving over 60 million plastic bags by using reusable boxes for our food deliveries, to finding alternatives to plastic long before it hit the headlines. We are forever challenging ourselves to find the most positive way to do business and want everyone to eat organic because it’s one way to save the future. It’s these values that enabled us to become B Corp certified; an optional audit we’ve gone through to recognise how we put people and planet before profit, as well as help us find room for further improvement.
We’re looking for more people to join our team of over 600, to share our passion for doing the right thing even bigger and better than we do already. In a fast paced and competitive market, we know it’s our people who make the difference. We’ve learnt how important it is to recognise, develop and promote from within; and that trusting people lets them come up with the best ideas and that helps our entrepreneurial spirit to thrive.
Want to see more? Check us out at www.abelandcole.co.uk, https://bcorporation.net/directory/abel-cole, and Instagram
• To manage a group of likely 8-10 CS Team Members
• To motivate your team and create enthusiasm for the role and for the company objectives.
• To be accountable for the level of service your team provides & ensure they excel in Customer Service which will be demonstrable in the team achieving its KPI targets
• To take a pro-active approach to monitor & improve service levels both on an individual & team basis.
• To provide timely feedback & relevant recognition on an individual or team basis.
• To complete regular performance chats and biannual performance reviews, reporting back to CS Management.
• To host weekly team meetings, in order to share and update on any relevant information, as well as for team relationship building
• To encourage team participation, problem-solving discussion & follow through any issues raised.
• To address performance & conduct issues under guidance from CS Management, including management of employee absence within company policy.
• To carry out informal counselling sessions as/when required.
• To lead by example at all times.
Workload planning and management
• To support the team so they are achieving their departmental KPI targets
To develop an in-depth understanding of the day-to-day running of the Customer Services department (all tasks, all aspects of Banana and Freshdesk, et cetera).
• To organise and manage the CS resource and workload in real time, on a daily basis, to be responsible for ensuring the department meets its KPIs.
• To complete the CS rota in a timely fashion, considering holidays, days off, shift requests, et cetera.
• To consider and authorise/deny holiday requests from the wider team.
• To ensure that task tracking data is collected and logged consistently.
• To capture and share timely feedback on and relevant recognition of individuals and/or teams in terms of productivity and awareness of and engagement with the workload.
• To ensure that the department is kept up to speed on any issues affecting the daily workload.
• To develop a thorough understanding of how the business operates, and to understand the implications for the department.
• To understand the CS Ops task list, and identify ways to add to, develop, or otherwise improve it, to improve efficiency and/or the service level.
• To ensure that all relevant operational information about the business is communicated to the wider department in a clear way, and in a timely fashion.
• To ensure that all relevant operational information is stored, audited, and kept up to date.
• To identify gaps in CS’ knowledge and seek answers from elsewhere in the business.
• To build excellent lines of communication and working relationships with all other departments.
• To ensure that credits are fed back to all members of the department.
• To use judgement & initiative to resolve customer enquiries & problems, escalating for visibility or action where appropriate.
• To monitor and take action to ensure that office credits (/trends) are managed and reduced.
• To actively maintain awareness of the company’s aims and objectives and have a good understanding of the department’s KPIs.
• To actively learn and appreciate the business reasoning in decision-making and support it accordingly.
• Act as an ambassador for our B Corp values: make all decisions with our social and environmental impact in mind and look for opportunities, no matter how small, to use our business as a force for good.
Skills and Experience:
• Ability to lead by example at all times, setting and modelling high standards of behaviour.
• Excellent communicator.
• Highly adaptable.
• Work well under pressure.
• Demonstrate inspiring and motivating leadership skills.
• Proven experience in giving both positive and constructive feedback.
• Demonstrate sound common sense and great problem-solving skills.
• Have a positive and professional attitude.
• Have a supportive and patient nature.
• Are assertive, open, and confident.
• Have a willingness to take responsibility and use own initiative.
• Reliable, conscientious and consistent - with the ability to deal with challenges in a level-headed way.
What we offer?
You will work 7.5 hours per day scheduled on an 8.5-hour shift between the hours of 8:00am and 6:00pm. Weekend work is rota based; you’ll be expected to work up to three weekend shifts in a month. Occasional Sunday work may be required, and we are also open on Bank Holidays.
• Up to salary of £29,000 per annum (FTE)
• 30 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays (FTE).
• Flexible working options considered.
• A free box of fruit and veg every week (It’s pretty delicious!)
• Up to 35% discount on A&C products.
• Cycle to Work Scheme.
• Contributory pension scheme.
Abel & Cole promotes equal opportunities for all employees. We want our employees to feel they can be themselves at work and develop their talents to the full. Members of staff are expected to take personal responsibility for keeping our workplace free from discrimination, harassment, and bullying - a place where everyone is treated fairly and respectfully.
As part of the recruitment journey, if you need us to make any reasonable adjustments so you’re not disadvantaged, please contact us as soon as possible. We welcome applications from people with disabilities.
To support Abel & Cole’s commitment to inclusion and diversity, we ask that you remove all personal details from your CV. This includes removal of home address, D.O.B and place of education.