Now more than ever, people want every experience to be instant and on-demand. And when it comes to getting paid, people want their cash yesterday. But every year organisations waste time, money, and energy sending more than $20 Trillion in payouts to individuals using cash, checks, credit, debit, prepaid, and gift cards! Held back by the legacy banking systems, crushed by the costs and complexity of credit cards there is this monster industry still lingering in the digital dark ages.
At WeGift we’re changing all that. We’ve built our proprietary payment rails that enable any organisation to send money to any individual, anywhere, instantly. No bank account required. No insane interchange fees. We even get up to 25% in commissions from retailers for driving sales which we pass on to our customers. It’s discounted money! We’re throwing away the old model, and transforming how we move and use money forever.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
You can read more about our team here - Diversity & Inclusion
WeGift is seeking an experienced VP of Product to define, scale and lead our Product function, delivering the product vision, strategy and roadmap.You will be driving improvements, innovation and best practice. As part of the senior leadership team, and working closely with our CEO, you will not onlybuild and scale a high functioning product org; maintaining high standards of delivery, but you will work with all functions of WeGift to shape and provide clarity on the product narrative and value within the market. You will drive scale and rapid product adoption and innovation; serving both vendors and consumers, in order to promote product-led growth and the WeGift flywheel.
What excites you:
- Helping to define the vision for the market and a path for our product to deliver on that vision.
- Translating the vision into a clear strategy, roadmap and value proposition documentation for all stakeholders.
- Providing highly visible communication on the present and future value of the product.
- Managing resources to build a world-class Product organisation that drives excellence across the business.
- Providing context, clarity and alignment to ensure teams deliver against the strategy & OKRs, with recommendations and insights on allocation of resource and trade-offs.
- Owning and delivering on product expansion that drives the business strategy and value for customers.
- Building the infrastructure to manage day to day operational delivery and cross functional collaboration with all departments to support scale.
What excites us:
- Strong track record of delivering market leading high transaction products at VP+ level. Experience working within the FinTech space is advantageous but not essential.
- Executive excellence with outstanding strategic planning capabilities and outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Significant team building and people management experience at scale.
- High degree of ownership and orientation towards successful delivery.
- Demonstrable experience operationalising the organisation through Product.
- Strong commercial mindset and understanding of B2B customer dynamics, with a background working in a hands-on Product Management role.
- Private Medical Health Insurance with Bupa.
- A minimum of 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- All permanent employees receive an extra day off a month to help boost their well-being when they need it.
- Participation in the Employee Options pool giving you ownership in WeGift and participation in the upside.
- Pension scheme (3% contribution)
- For the time being we are a remote-first company, however, we will be moving to a more hybrid structure to allow flexibility between home and office based working. You will therefore be expected to be in our London office (145 City Road, nr Old Street) a set number of days a month, agreed by your manager.
- Generous maternity and paternity packages to make sure you get to spend time with your new bundle of joy.
- £1,000 annual L&D allowance to invest in mastering your craft, including accredited studies.
- Cycle to work scheme - save some £££ on buying a bike.
- Regular virtual team socials
- Workplace Nursery benefit, where WeGift makes a contribution to your child's nursery for equipment, training, redecoration or anything else
- WeRecognise, where we shine the spotlight on exceptional employees every quarter who in turn get a £200 award in the eGift card of their choice.
- Staff perks with WeGift brands - discounts of up to 12% on coffee, weekly groceries, holidays, the list is endless.
Take a look under the hood of life at WeGift from our employees perspective. This handbook built using Notion.so is what we use to navigate both the serene and choppy waters when needed. You might need to copy and paste the following link into your browser as job boards don't allow us to add hyperlinks - https://bit.ly/2PluGyG