Busuu is one of the top EdTech companies in the world and has won numerous awards for its innovation and impact in language learning.
Busuu’s vision is to empower everyone in the world through languages. We are the world’s largest online community for language learning, with more than 120+ million users from 190 countries, growing at up to 20,000 new users per day. We make learning a language easy by combining AI-powered courses with instant feedback from our global community of native speakers and live tutoring from qualified teachers across the world.
In January 2022, Busuu was acquired by one of the largest EdTech companies in the world, Chegg (NYSE:CHGG). Being part of Chegg will help us to accelerate our growth and achieve our vision even faster.
If you are interested in EdTech and want to be a part of a mission-driven organisation then we would like to hear from you.
What does a freelance Business German Materials Writer do at Busuu?
You’ll work on language courses that help to educate 100 million learners in over 190 countries. On a day-to-day basis, your responsibilities are likely to include:
- Planning, translating and adapting English courses for the German market being sensitive to both cultural and industry trends in the market
- Helping to maintain and improve Busuu’s current industry-specific German language courses
- Contributing to syllabus planning for future courses
- Working with Busuu’s content management system to build, publish, and maintain new course content
What we’re looking for in a freelance Business German Materials Writer
- Extensive experience teaching German and English as a foreign language in a range of professional contexts
- Proven experience creating business, nursing, logistics or other industry’s-specific topics
- Fluency in German and intimate understanding of German culture
- Both native and non-native speakers of English are welcome to apply, but a C2 level mastery of the language is expected.
- Masters-level qualification in languages, linguistics or education
- Experience creating lesson content and planning your own lessons
- Self-starter, ability to learn and adapt quickly, and impeccable attention to detail
- Deep understanding of German and English grammar and pedagogy
- Experience working in a remote environment to deliver digital teaching content via a custom content management system is a big plus!
What are the terms and expectations of this freelance role?
- Temporary position (3 months) based on 32-hours per week, focused specifically on adapting and developing German lesson content from English industry-specific courses, with the option for extension/renewal as needed by the project
- Full training provided on Busuu’s content management platform, content authoring tools, and working practices.
- Remote position
What happens next
We aim to have a simple and speedy hiring process and we want to make sure that we are right for you as much as the other way around. The hiring process for Business English Materials Writer role are the following 3 steps:
- CV application review - We will review it as quickly as possible and update on the next steps
- Let’s chat - Quick chat with the hiring manager about your experience and the role
- Test - You will be asked to complete a 90 min home test (there will be a quick chat at a later stage to discuss test and logistics)
Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. We pride ourselves on embracing our differences, whether they're cultural, racial, religious or otherwise. This means each one of us comes to work knowing that we have a voice – and a safe, judgment-free zone to speak freely.
If you like the sound of that, join us. We'd love to hear what you have to say.