At Beam, you get to do work that really matters. We’re solving the world’s toughest social problems by working with government, charities, social enterprises, tech startups and companies. And we’re growing fast.
We’re looking for a Finance Lead to join our Finance team, to help grow a crucial new function at Beam, while supporting the entire company with critical finance and operational tasks as well as more strategic finance leadership.
You’ll be joining a company that’s having a huge impact on people’s lives. It's a place where you can be yourself, learn from your teammates, and do work that’s truly fulfilling.
About the role
Your key responsibility will be ensuring that finance tasks are done accurately and on time and that we are building strong foundations in finance for Beam to continue to scale.
- Designing and maintaining simple and scalable finance processes
- Managing a Finance Operations Executive
- Maintaining our internal purchasing system in Airtable
- Accurately posting and reconciling bookkeeping transactions
- Processing purchase invoices and payments
- Claiming Gift Aid on behalf of our charity partner, The Beam Foundation
- Managing supplier relationships and negotiating discounts and other terms
- Humble and keen to learn with a can-do positive attitude
- Renowned for your incredible attention to detail
- Excited to learn more about finance and startup ops
- Keen to bring your true, open self to work
- Brilliant attention to detail - vulnerable people are relying on us
- At least 4 years in an accounts payable or finance role in a fast-paced startup
- Exceptional knowledge of Xero (accounts payable and bank reconciliation, sales invoicing and journal inputting) and ideally Pleo or Dext (formerly ReceiptBank)
- Highly skilled with Excel and Google Sheets
We’re a team of over 40 working from our office in Shoreditch and at home. We’ve picked up an armful of awards for our work (including one from the Queen!) and we’re rated as a top company to work for by Escape the City and The Dots.
We're committed to hiring diversely and inclusively. You don’t need a degree to work here. We especially want to hear from ethnic minority candidates and/or those who’ve experienced social disadvantage.
63% of people we support come from ethnic minority backgrounds, 40% have mental health issues and 17% have disabilities. We believe we can serve these people best when we’re a diverse, inclusive team.
- £35-50k salary
- EMI-qualifying share options
- Annual company retreat
- New laptop – choose between a MacBook Air or PC
- £500 personal development budget
- Regular team talks from leading UK tech entrepreneurs
- Hundreds of perks, discounts and freebies from Perkbox
- Free subscription to Calm meditation app
- Discounted bike and accessories with Cyclescheme
- Unlimited holiday (minimum 20 days)
- Hybrid working from our Shoreditch office or at home
We have a three-stage interview process, giving you plenty of time to learn about Beam while we get to know you.
- 30-minute video call with a Talent Manager
- Timed practical test, giving you a better sense of the role
- Presentation on a strategic finance question
- Three informal chats with people at Beam
Start your journey to a more impactful career today. We can’t wait to hear from you.