KIB & GREENPATH MARKETING ASSOCIATE
Looking for an opportunity to champion better food and agriculture and build two young brands, all while making a positive impact?
Come join us at the Perennial Foods Group. We’re hiring a creative and enthusiastic Marketing Associate to lead marketing efforts for both of our two brands: Kib Herbal Tea and GreenPath Food.
ABOUT THE PERENNIAL FOODS GROUP
We are the Perennial Foods Group, a regenerative agriculture company that produces and sources organic food through a network of small farms across East Africa. By supplying small farms with inputs, financing, and technical support and then aggregating, purchasing, and processing their products, we create sustainable supply chains for global customers and sustainable farms and livelihoods for hundreds of smallholder growers. In doing so, we seek to protect and regenerate forest and farmland across the African continent.
Using regenerative, biodynamic farming practices, our Partner Farms cultivate “food forests,” which yield a portfolio of fruits, vegetables, and herbs. Our fresh fruits and vegetables are sold via our organic produce brand, GreenPath Food. Our herbs are dried and sold via Kib, our new line of flavour-forward and planet-positive herbal teas.
We currently operate our flagship production operation in southern Ethiopia and our commercial headquarters in London. With a growing team, farmer network, and global customer base, we're on the lookout for supremely capable talent with a passion for food and a deep commitment to improve its roots.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the leader of our marketing efforts at Kib Herbal Tea and GreenPath Food, you will be responsible for communicating and championing our story and building our presence as well-respected regenerative brands across multiple digital platforms. You will build marketing plans for both brands and then bring them to life—using your own content creation skills, while also leveraging freelancers and creative agencies as needed. You’ll be a core part of the Kib and GreenPath Food commercial teams and will play a central role in achieving our ambitious growth plans in the coming years.
You’ll lead marketing efforts across both our brands:
1 | Kib Herbal Tea (3 days per week): Build Kib brand awareness and love among British consumers across organic digital platforms
- Develop Kib’s brand voice and image across social media and email platforms
- Work with Commercial team to develop marketing strategy; own marketing plans
- Engage and expand our Kib community via Instagram and Facebook
- Manage social calendar & posts
- Lead collaborations with influencers & with other brands
- Lead Kib email marketing, including both content-driven and promotional newsletters
- Leverage email marketing content for Kibtea.com blog
- Create visual content for these platforms, using own skills or leveraging other photographers / editors
2 | GreenPath Food (2 days per week): Inspire individuals and businesses to join us in transforming our food system
- Develop GreenPath’s brand voice and image across social media and email platforms
- Work with Commercial team to develop marketing strategy
- Manage GreenPath social media, including Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn (with a lighter touch than Kib social media)
- Lead GreenPath email marketing, keeping customers and fans updated and inspired
- Leverage email marketing content for Greenpathfood.com blog
- Coordinate visual content creation for these platforms
OUR EXPECTATIONS OF YOU
- You are excited by businesses that do things differently and feel totally aligned with the unique aspects of our business
- Extending the reach of regenerative agriculture
- Linking small-scale farms to sustainable markets
- Joining a start-up which is ambitious and fast-growing
- You have 2+ years experience in marketing roles and have a toolkit of marketing skills, particularly in content marketing, that you’re ready to put to work
- You’re a confident writer and have a good eye for visual branding and photography
- You have experience managing social media accounts for brand(s) and are comfortable engaging on Instagram, Facebook, and ideally LinkedIn
- You’re confident using Canva or other similar applications to create visuals
- You understand consumers in the UK, either from having lived in the UK or worked on projects / accounts there and are tuned into topics that resonate with our audience
- You’re excited to seek out and stay on top of trends within regenerative agriculture and sustainability
- You’re confident using analytical tools to track and report on marketing performance across digital platforms
- You’re comfortable taking product or lifestyle shots in a pinch
- You have experience working in the food and beverage or agriculture sectors
This is a permanent position reporting to the Kib and GreenPath Food Commercial Managers. Candidates will be expected to work from home and we are open to candidates across the following locations:
Candidates in the UK, Ethiopia, and Kenya will have the opportunity to work in-person with other employees. Expect to travel to Ethiopia roughly once per year.
NOTABLE PERKS OF THIS ROLE
- Amazing opportunity to develop two distinct brands for a thriving impact-driven small business
- Great team to learn from, filled with diverse experience across food, FMCG, environmental transformation, regenerative agriculture and start-ups
- Opportunities to travel to Ethiopia
- Strong and active internal commitment to professional development
Please submit a cover letter with your CV.