We are a small but ambitious charity, and we need someone to help us drive our brand, reach and mission forwards. One of your key responsibilities in starting the role will be to lead the Marketing and Communications for our upcoming UK Aid Match appeal.
As a passionate storyteller with a proven ability of developing compelling campaign narratives, you’ll be someone who is just as comfortable mapping out strategy for a high-profile campaign, as you are scheduling social media posts for that very campaign.
Through managing our multi-channel strategy and activity, you will play an influential role in setting the look, feel and tone of our messaging, creating content which is instantly engaging and has both an emotional and intellectual punch. You will drive brand recognition, using the latest sector trends and developments, to reach new and existing audiences through in person and digital channels with consistent calls to action.
We are looking for an individual who has experience in managing a range of stakeholders, both internally and externally and comes with a wealth of experience in working with freelancers, agencies and consultants within the marketing sector.
The successful postholder will initially lead on our marketing and communications, yet we are investing meaningfully in this function in 2022 to grow the team.
Join us and you could soon be sat at the forefront of the transformational impact we aim to achieve.
United World Schools is an equal opportunities employer and actively promotes diversity and strongly encourages applications from within Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic communities and under-represented groups.
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Create and deliver compelling campaigns and propositions which drive brand awareness, donations and other actions.
- Be responsible for the management of our marketing strategy and multi-channel activity including organic social, email marketing.
- Manage our website, taking responsibility for creating and updating content
- Create and source engaging assets for events and fundraising campaigns including working with external designers, freelancers and video editors.
- Work with the fundraising colleagues on integrated campaigns for diverse audiences, coordinate content and assets
- Grow our organic social media presence contributing to brand recognition and online income
- Work with an appointed agency or consultant to optimise paid campaign activity (paid social & PPC)
- Support maintain brand messaging and tone of voice across the charity, for a wide range of audiences
- Advise communications colleagues based in UWS countries on effective storytelling to support content strategy and fundraising appeals
- Source content from UWS countries for key campaigns, coordinate with communications officers in countries of operations
- Analyse and report on content and digital performance
- Work with Senior colleagues to implement a public figure and influencer programme, supporting on artist liaison and influencer outreach, creating assets and proposals and delivering any digital elements
- 4+ years experience working in marketing and communications
- Experience of creating, iterating and managing content for social media, website, fundraising materials, with a proven ability of creating content that is accessible and usable
- Good knowledge of content management systems
- Good understanding of basic web editing
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and juggling different priorities.
- Excellent organisation and attention to detail
- Good project management skills, able to lead on a number of campaigns and projects
- Enthusiasm for thinking creatively and coming up with new ideas
- Determined, persuasive, ambitious, flexible and a proactive team player which means you commit and deliver for the cause.
- Experience of working in international development (either in a Marketing or Communications role, or in another capacity)
- Genuine passion for and interest in education and global development
- Knowledge of the digital charity landscape, including best practice for social media, web content creation and engagement strategies
- Working knowledge of Adobe creative suite and mailchimp
- Experience of paid advertising through social media ads and/or PPC
- Experience in working with an agency
- Experience of writing website copy for SEO
- Experience of analysing data using Google Analytics
- Experience of working on large public marketing campaigns, in particular a UK Aid Match campaign
- Ability to create simple designs through software such as Canva
- Ability to create or edit marketing videos.
UWS is committed to the safeguarding of children and ensuring we recruit safely is central to this commitment. All applicants will be required to undertake a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check as a condition of employment.
As a UWS member of staff, you are one of the organisation’s most important assets. We want you to love working for us and to feel supported in maintaining a healthy work-life balance and to develop personally and professionally while you’re with us to give us your best!
Knowing the people we work with and support in is critical to you being effective in your role in the UK, and maximising the contribution you make.
25 days annual leave plus 8 statutory bank holidays per calendar year.
In order to support all staff in maintaining a healthy work-life balance, we offer flexible working.
Learning and development
The quality of UWS staff is paramount to the organisation’s success, and as our activities and ambitions evolve and develop, so too do we need our staff to. United World Schools positively assesses the skills and experience of staff regularly and offers opportunities for learning and development.
Closing date: 14th January 2022, subject to close early based on applications Interviews will be held on w/c: 17th January 2022
To access the full Recruitment Pack and Person Spec before applying, please click here.