Earthwatch is recruiting for a Project Manager to lead on work with our corporate partners and community engagement activities, including drafting a scoping and feasibility report, internal and external stakeholder engagement, planning and delivery.
Earthwatch has over 30 years’ experience partnering with businesses. Our corporate programmes support employees at all levels to engage with sustainability challenges, enabling them to make decisions and take actions that catalyse sustainability transformation within the business. We also establish business relevant scientific environmental research projects.
The ideal candidate is an excellent project manager, with a keen focus on ensuring delivery of activities to a high standard. You have
experience of stakeholder engagement, effective planning and working to agreed processes to deliver results, demonstrating collaborative working across different teams, regions and functions. You are able to set and communicate priorities effectively and deliver project objectives to time and budget. Experience of working in an NGO, educational or science organisation would be beneficial but not essential.
Earthwatch is an international environmental NGO. Our mission is to empower people to save our planet. We do this, by creating knowledge and inspiring action through hands-on science and environmental engagement. We address big environmental challenges by working together with individuals, communities and organisations. We aim to create a global community that values and nurtures a sustainable planet.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK – Earthwatch cannot support visa applications for this role.
To manage projects and work with the wider Earthwatch team to deliver projects to time, budget and required mission standard
- Develop a detailed scoping and feasibility report, gathering information from stakeholders and presenting considered recommendations for delivery of a Regional Hub of engagement and research activity
- Manage the planning and delivery of projects in line with agreed project objectives, timelines, budget and Earthwatch project management procedures
- Manage key relationships with internal and external stakeholders (including corporate partners e.g. Shell) to ensure successful project delivery
- Manage contracting, payment processes and finances in line with Earthwatch financial processes
- Oversee project risk management, compiling documentation in line with Earthwatch processes. Work with internal and external stakeholders to monitor and mitigate risk
- Coordinate the project team to achieve success, assigning tasks and responsibilities, overcoming challenges, promoting good communication within the team and with key stakeholders
- Develop communication plans, working with the project team to ensure compelling communications for external audiences
- Monitoring of project outcomes and impact, and completion of reports according to agreed monitoring frameworks
- Supporting other organisational priorities as required
The above list of job deliverables is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post
- Relevant degree, or equivalent professional experience working in an environmental science, conservation, or business sustainability context
- Experience in managing projects and programmes through the whole project cycle including design and scoping
- Personal enthusiasm for engaging people and organisations to build the knowledge and action required to address key environmental issues
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to develop and manage productive relationships with colleagues, including working with virtual teams across regions
- Excellent relationship management skills and track record of effective partnership management, delivering a consistent high level of customer care and responsiveness
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and highly computer literate, in particular in MS office packages
- Proven ability to manage competing requirements, delegate appropriately, deliver on time, and move projects forward effectively
- Flexible, self-motivated and goal-oriented with a clear, methodical and structured approach to work
- Commitment to the mission and values of Earthwatch
- Project management qualification
- Knowledge of environmental policy, freshwater sector and/or forestry sector
Earthwatch is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone has a contribution to make, regardless of visible and invisible differences. We welcome and encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply, and we will consider all applications fairly and consistently.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive working environment - a place where individuality is embraced and everyone has the opportunity to thrive. We value the benefits that different backgrounds, working approaches and ways of thinking can bring.
Our full Candidate Privacy Notice can be found here: www.earthwatch.org.uk/candidate-privacy-notice