Looking to apply your clinical experience in a faster paced, forward thinking company? We’re looking for an experienced psychologist or psychotherapist to manage a cohort of 90+ therapists, improve and scale the clinical function, and help get therapy into the hands of hundreds of employees all over Europe.
We're a growing tech start-up on a mission to rid the world of unnecessary emotional pain. We’ve built a Slack and MS Teams app that allows our clients’ employees to access therapy in just three clicks.
How's it been going so far? Since launching our product in January 2020, we've grown from 5 to 90+ therapists and deliver over 1500 sessions per month. With ambitious growth plans ahead, we want to ensure the standard of therapy remains excellent and that all our therapists are well looked after.
At Spill, we understand how damaging it can be to have a bad therapy session. That means the quality of therapy for us is of utmost importance. We’ve built up a group of rigorously assessed therapists (accepting less than 5% of applicants!) and providing opportunities to help them continuously learn and develop.
As we grow there are a number of risks involved with the clinical function - quality of care, supply and demand, data protection and safeguarding. Your role will be to grow and improve the function to withstand our rapid growth whilst still ensuring clients get the best therapy possible.
More specifically, you’ll be;
- Leading and mentoring our therapists
- Supporting junior members of the clinical operations team, helping them develop and grow in their roles
- Managing any risks and safeguarding issues
- Keeping the quality of therapy high! Giving positive and negative feedback where necessary.
- Maintaining the therapist “culture” - like HR for therapists!
- Contributing clinical knowledge to product development
The clinical department is fairly new to Spill so there is a huge amount of opportunity to shape the future team. It’ll suit you if you have a “get stuff done” mentality and enjoy finding better ways of doing things,
The ideal candidate
Don’t meet all of the role requirements? Don’t worry! We care about outcomes rather than tickbox criteria, and it’s often the case that the perfect person for the role has a CV that looks a little different.
Research (by Harvard University 🤓) shows that women are particularly likely to second-guess themselves and not apply — so if you’re worried you don’t meet all the criteria, get in touch anyhow and let us do the worrying.
We're ideally looking for someone with the following experience:
- ✅ 3+ years post qualification experience as a clinical/ counselling psychologist, psychotherapist or counselling supervisor
- ✅ Registered with the HCPC, BACP or UKCP
- ✅ 2+ years experience managing and supervising other clinicians
- ✅ 2+ years of experience managing and escalating issues with psychiatric risk
You should also ideally be…
✅ Mission driven. You believe in increasing the accessibility of therapy and are excited to work on emerging initiatives that change the way therapy is done.
✅ Data driven. You support your opinions with data and argue your point with logic and evidence. You should want to do things better than how they are done currently.
✅ Excellent people & stakeholder manager. You’re experienced in coaching and supporting others in your team.
Pay and benefits
The salary for this full time role is £60-70k + stock options
One of the biggest perks of working at Spill is our fantastic culture. We come from a huge variety of backgrounds but share a common love of therapy and understandably a culture of talking about how we’re feeling! This means when you make it into our beautiful East London office you can be sure the office is a-buzz with interesting and real conversations.
Alongside this you’d also get:
- 30 days holiday
- Day off for your birthday
- Spill bank holidays
- Access to therapy through Spill
- Mental health days
- Company away days
- £200 work from home budget
- Opportunity to work from a different country (within 3 hours of GMT)
The application process
- 30 min call with one of our Clinical team
- A take-home task to complete
- A 45 min video call with our Clinical Director, Sam
- A 45 min Values Fit interview with a couple of members of the Spill Team
At Spill, we are committed to building a company that includes people from a variety of different backgrounds. We're particularly interested in hearing from people from typically underrepresented groups in the tech industry 💛