Head of Finance
Full or part time role
The Copy Club is a community that makes marketers feel set to smash their careers.
> There are well over 3,000 active members of The Copy Club (those who regularly open our newsletter).
> 500+ subscribers to our membership program
> “We” are now a team of 16 with a network of incredibly talented facilitators, mentors, coaches and members.
We have a number of different revenue streams:
● We have a subscription service with events & forums
● We run courses that teach the skills marketers really need to learn to deliver growth in their roles.
● We have a match-making service, where we help unique businesses find great talent.
● We have a Brand Hackers team who take on consulting challenges that the agency / freelancer landscape isn’t equipped to nail.
We are really ambitious. Our vision is that we have lively chapters in cities all across both the UK and the world, and that our service is so useful that our members simply can’t do their jobs without it. Sure, we’re not saving the world, but we have seen in so many wonderful moments over the last few years how we can make people happier - less lonely, more connected, more inspired and more confident.
We have big ambitions for the kind of business we want to build too. We are absolutely focused on building a culture that enables us to thrive as individuals, and where work is rewarding. We aim for our growth to be truly sustainable and for our internal operations to be absolutely first class, so we can keep stress levels low and focus on supporting our
We are looking for a Finance Lead to manage all aspects of the finance function, with some support from a finance
assistant and with statutory aspects.
1. Financial planning and reporting:
- Providing monthly financial reports including segmental reporting
- Tracking company performance to develop forecast analyses
- Working directly for Lottie on strategic financial planning
2. Business partnering:
- Identifying growth opportunities within and beyond our existing revenue streams
- Building good relationships with the team leaders, and empowering them with the insight they need to grow their
- Working with team leaders to refine and build finance processes as The Copy Club scales
- Contributing to the full team’s financial savviness
3. Day to day financial operations:
- Oversee our outsourced team responsible for payroll, statutory and tax reporting
- Processing purchase invoices and payments
- Dealing with customer and supplier queries and negotiating terms
- Managing cash flows and the financial health of the firm
- Managing sales invoicing process in Xero
This role will report into our Founder & CEO, Lottie.
This role will manage outsourced finance admin support.
We have accountants set up who also manage lots of the day-to-day admin.
● Happy to think strategically but also get your ‘hands dirty’, with a can-do positive attitude.
● Renowned for your incredible attention to detail.
● Excited to help grow the finance function in a high-growth start-up.
● Able to operate in a fast paced, high performing environment.
● Keen to bring your true, open self to work.
● Professional qualification in ACA, ACCA or CIMA, with some post qualification experience.
● Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations.
● Good knowledge of Xero (accounts payable and bank reconciliation, sales invoicing and journal inputting)
and ideally Pleo.
● Outstanding communication skills, we are all based around the world so keeping in touch is crucial & we aren’t all numbers people.
● Ideal: been part of an early stage team setting up a finance function for the first time.
Salary in the £60-80k p.a. range depending on experience.
There is the option for this role to be 3-4 days per week.
Flexible and remote first:
Being in an ambitious and fast growing business means that life at Copy Club is demanding and interesting. We also want to be rewarding for everyone who joins our team.
We have flexible hours and a remote culture that means you can design how to make the most of your time. Lizzie is in Mexico for 6 months this year and Pam is moving back to Glasgow. Tim blocks out a morning a week to take his 2 year old, swimming.
We provide a budget for co-working space, and for you to grab a coffee during the working day to get out of the house.
We are remote first, but we also really encourage you to meet up!
Our commitment to inclusion:
We want you to feel you belong here and we welcome candidates from all backgrounds. Our organisation is on a continuous journey to achieve an authentic feeling of belonging, with focused inclusion policies and training. We believe it’s not only the right thing to do, but it’s also right for our community - and our industry. If you feel like you belong, you’re
more likely to do your best.
Mental health really matters:
Your wellbeing is really important to us. We have an active mental health policy that and believe strongly that this stuff matters. We have private weekly wellness check-ins, and have easy actionable steps for taking a mental health sick day.
Open communication and conversation about mental health is always welcome and encouraged at Copy Club - we never shy away from the hard stuff.
Energised working style:
Our working style is very casual, open and action orientated. On the one hand, we can be shambolic but on the other, we have very high standards and boundless enthusiasm for what we are building.
Please follow this link, with your CV, your expectations for remuneration & a few lines on why this excited you.