Would you like to join a rapidly growing company where you can grow your own technology vision and strategy and build products that will positively impact millions of young people around the world?
Virtual Internships is an EdTech startup that delivers global work experience programs for young people to pursue their dream career.
We’re proud to be on ‘Tech in Asia’s Top 50 Rising Startup’ List (No.6 in Vietnam) and backed by some of the world’s top investors including Sequoia, 500 Global, among others. You'll be joining a diverse and passionate team of 120+ working in our Ho Chi Minh City (in Vietnam), and across 20+ countries that believe remote work is here to stay.
If you want to work in a flexible working environment where you can own technology, strategies, and design and build new systems from scratch using the tools YOU choose, then read on!
What you will do
Test and validate reliable, scalable and secured cloud-based production platforms
- Development of feature test plans based on Requirements/PRD/Use cases
- E2E Automation of new feature test cases (Develop reusable libraries/components)
- Continuous Integration into CI/CD pipelines
- Create Common Setup/Environment/Framework for Developers to run the tests
- Exploratory and larger config testing and reporting defects
- Develop tools for troubleshooting, product supportability and product usability
- Conduct Product/Feature training sessions for field facing organizations, TME and SRE
- On need basis - reproduction of customer environment/issues and help Developers
- Collaboration within our teams in Vietnam and India
What we are looking for
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field preferred - a must
- 5 years of experience with design, development, testing of cloud / Web based applications / solutions
- Programming knowledge of Node/PHP/React
- Good knowledge of UI Automation using Selenium
- Good troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail and keen observation skills
- Comfortable with CI/CD pipeline and Jenkins
- Expertise to any one or more of the OS : Linux
- Good communication, interfacing skills and persuasion skills
- Team player with a can do attitude
Good to have
Experience testing software products for large or medium scale enterprise (B2B) customers
- Good technical competency and an understanding of working with cross functional teams
- Excellent focus on attention to detail and strong quantitative skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Having worked as a full stack engineer or developer in a product organization.
- Experience with a (any) set of incredible tools for product development and task management.
Consider this our wish-list. We know there will be great candidates that don't meet every one of these criteria—if you're passionate about the role and have early-stage startup experience, we'd still love to hear from you.
What do we offer?
- Flexibility- flexible work schedule where you manage your own working hours
- Remote working - with a budget to support your productivity and your choice of where to work from
- Open-minded leaders- with colleagues who care about your career goals. There are monthly global virtual events including town halls, ask me anything sessions, virtual coffee chats, and virtual team building
- Professional Development- with a budget that you can utilize however you wish
- Company Laptop- paid for by VI
- Birthday Leave- go enjoy yourself on your birthday without needing to use your annual leave
- Direct contribution- ideas and solutions are encouraged from everyone. Your input is valued and you have a unique opportunity to directly impact the success and help shape the future of VI
- Meritocracy- a culture that prides itself on internal promotions and meritocracy. The majority of our managerial team have risen up (quickly) through the company, including our COO, CAO, CFO, Head of Company Experience and Head of Intern Experience