The company and product
We're working to rid the world of unnecessary emotional pain. We’ve built a Slack app that allows our clients’ employees to access therapy in a few clicks. It is easy to access and designed to be used by everyone - user-centred design is very important to us. We’re trusted by the likes of Typeform and Depop as well as many other progressive employers you can see listed on our site, and we're funded by Passion Capital, Ada Ventures and Seedcamp.
The job and the work
At Spill, we want to spread the word far and wide (from Sydney to LA and everywhere in between) that supporting your employee’s mental health is vital to helping your business grow and succeed. We’ve got over 350 customers globally using Spill and we’re aiming to hit some pretty ambitious goals heading into 2022 - that’s where you come in!
As our Sales Development Representative, you’ll be responsible for identifying prospects from our Ideal Customer Profiles and developing interest in Spill’s services across the UK, EMEA and beyond.
We’re looking for someone that has a great understanding of using outreach communication cadences previously, or other CRMs like salesloft, knows how to communicate through email, LinkedIn and calls to prospects, has experience nurturing interest in prospects and, most importantly, has a genuine interest in the mental health space.
You’ll be working closely with our Senior SDR, our existing team of Account Exec’s (growing rapidly across the next 6 months), our Marketing team and the rest of our great bunch of Spillers to be creative, collaborative and driven towards achieving our goals.
Your role at Spill will be to:
- Build prospect lists across different regions and industry verticals to engage with
- Handle incoming enquiries from prospects to understand and qualify their needs
- Build communication cadences through various different media (LinkedIn, Email, Calls, Video’s - be creative, it’s yours to build!) to build dialogue with prospects
- Qualify prospects and build a need for the Spill platform prior to booking them in for a demonstration with an Account Executive
- Work closely with our marketing team to build content that resonates with prospects pain points/needs/value adds to help improve our go-to-market messaging
We want someone that can add creativity and improve our current SDR processes to maximise our growth potential. We want creativity, autonomy, collaboration and pioneers that really want to grow into the role! The next progression step would be into an AE role within 6-12 months maximum
The ideal candidate
- ✅ should have done the SDR role in a B2B SaaS start-up/scale-up for 6 months +
- ✅ should be comfortable with being in an external-facing role
- ✅ should always be proactively thinking on how we can engage with more prospects across different regions and verticals
- ✅ should be comfortable dealing with ambiguity - we are a startup after all!
- ✅ should have experience working in high performing SDR functions and mentoring junior team members
- ✅ should be great at collaborating with other departments in order to give the end-user the best possible experience
The pay and the benefits
The salary for this full-time role is £28-30k p/a + uncapped commission (circa £15k OTE p/a).
- 30 days holiday
- day off for your birthday
- Spill bank holidays
- access to Spill therapists
- mental health days
- work-aways (currently not doing due to COVID)
- £200 work-from-home equipment budget (excludes laptop)
For more on how we work at Spill and what to expect, take a look at our careers page.
The application process
- 30 min video call with our Senior SDR
- a take-home task to complete
- a 45 min review call and role-playing exercise
- a 45 min Values fit call with a couple of the Spill team!
Don’t meet all of the role requirements? Don’t worry! We care about outcomes rather than tickbox criteria, and it’s often the case that the perfect person for the role has a CV that looks a little different.
(by Harvard University 🤓) shows that women are particularly likely to second-guess themselves and not apply — so if you’re worried you don’t meet all the criteria, get in touch anyhow and let us do the worrying.
At Spill, we are committed to building a company that includes people from a variety of different backgrounds. We're particularly interested in hearing from people from typically underrepresented groups in the tech industry 💛