Prime Advocates (PA) is a unique not-for profit law firm, business and ESG consultancy that is paving the way for positive social change. We provide general and transactional legal services, business consultancy, ESG advisory services and develop impact strategies/ programmes. We work with a variety of clients but primarily focus on those who are passionate about making an impact or supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals. We are uniquely structured as a not-for-profit law-firm and consultancy, which means all of our profits are applied to support our impact programmes which address systemic issues inhibiting the growth of social enterprise.
The Social Finance Hot Desk
Social Finance Hot Desk (SFHD) is a programme founded and managed by PA that facilitates the provision of pro bono legal support and advice from eight global law firms to qualifying social enterprises and to support qualifying social finance instruments and transactions, across all thematic fields. PA manages the programme and acts as an introducing broker and intermediary between the firms and the recipient organizations.
The SFHD Programme Manager will work closely with all firm partners and PA leadership to provide strategic direction to the SFHD and have responsibility for all day-to-day operational management of the project. They will also lead on the expansion of the SFHD offering, which will involve targeting and liaising with social enterprises, key stakeholders and the industry to further the existing networks of PA and develop new networks within the social impact space.
Key responsibilities of this leadership role will include:
1) Strategic Planning & Operations
· Direct demand engagement by social enterprise communication and relationship building
· Execute marketing strategies to increase business development opportunities for the SFHD programme
· Develop and execute annual strategic and operating plans for the projects
· Effective day-to-day management of programme operations and resource allocation to meet the need of our corporate law-firm partners including triaging and scoping incoming client requests
· Produce programme budgets, risk assessments and mitigations and analyse relevant programme data
· Author programme materials and programme literature on social enterprises, social impact and law pro bono work
2) Stakeholder Relationship Management & Value Added
· Develop and maintain strong working relationships with corporates partnerships and beneficiary organisations, to increase opportunities for project growth
· Corporate relationship building abilities to enable growth and marketing of the programme within the social impact field.
· Direct target and networking with potential social enterprise clients
· Provide business consulting/ management support and advice to social enterprises
· Manage and develop key internal and external communications and create relevant communications products/ strategy
· Manage all digital communication channels for the SFHD programme and create new content for social media accounts and website
The successful candidate will be a dynamic, self-motivated, experienced consultant, project manager, programme manager or professional with a finance background, or lawyer with a finance background, with excellent communication skills and planning skills. They will be able to engage and work with a wide range of stakeholders and will be comfortable managing key C-suite level corporate relationships and working with senior managers. They will have a demonstrated passion for impact and leveraging professional services for good, as well as strong experience in project management and corporate relationship building / business development.
Essential Experience & Skills
• At least four years of professional management experience in the finance or legal sector, such as a leading bank, corporate, management consultancy, NGO, or law firm.
• Passion and enthusiasm for social enterprise, commerce and its potential to bring positive economic and social benefits
• Strong track record of account/relationship management/ corporate relationship building
• Strong project management skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proactive and highly organised, with strong planning skills
• A proven ability to multi-task and work both autonomously and within a team
• Good commercial acumen
· A degree in accounting, business management or law
· Understanding of the social finance, venture capital sector or financial law
· Experience working in a start-up or entrepreneurial environment
· Personable and approachable, with an ability to build trust
· Bright, self-motivated and driven
· Passionate about supporting social enterprise
· Clear sense of personal responsibility
· Articulate, with good presentation skills
· Reliable, flexible and cooperative
Terms & Conditions
Salary: Market/ £50,000 pa full time or part-time with pro rata 3 days a week
Start Date: ASAP but can be flexible with notice periods
Contract Length: One year rolling
Location: This role is notionally based in our offices in central London, but due to COVID restrictions remote working within the UK is permissible.
To apply please send you cover letter and CV to Anthony Murphy, Managing Director at Anthony@primeadvocates.com.