Supermassive Games have produced some of the most recognisable and compelling storytelling titles in the world of AAA games. The BAFTA-winning Until Dawn, the cinematic masterclass of The Dark Pictures Anthology, the multi-award winning The Quarry, the action-packed rollercoaster horror VR titles Switchback VR and Rush of Blood to the world of Little Nightmares, and many more!
Time and time again, our incredibly talented and passionate team have delivered games that strike fear into all that dare to play. And we have no plans to stop there! Alongside growing the Dark Pictures universe in new and exciting ways, we have several unannounced, and suitably thrilling, projects!
And so, as we move into new genres and grow our studio, our hunt for talent continues!
Join the Supermassive Games team and create your own story.
We are looking for a Senior Level Programmer to join us here at Supermassive Games.
In this role you’ll be:
As a senior programmer, you will be engaged in projects throughout the full game development cycle. An ideal role for Programmers who are hands on, love to get stuck in when it comes to Unreal Engine, C++ coding and are experts in their field.
This role will be based in one of our three central Guildford offices - each a short distance from the main train station. We’re passionate about the collaborative environment here at Supermassive Games where we work to a hybrid model in many of our roles. We are truly a diverse and international business of more than 40 different nationalities from around the globe, providing sponsorship and relocation assistance to those that require it (speak to one of our recruiters for more info).
The main responsibilities will be:
- Work closely with the design team, UI artists and wider programming team to implement a variety of UI systems across the game using the Unreal engine and its UMG framework/tools
- Prototype and Iterate on UI systems to bring them to quality
- Maintain and develop gameplay systems. Work with design and art to deliver the best possible game experience.
Experience and skills that would best suit this position:
- At least 4 years of experience in the games industry
- Development experience with the Unreal Engine and confident using UMG for the implementation of UI systems
- Excellent C++ skills, used in a game-development environment
- Happy to work closely with others in a cross-discipline team
- An understanding of what it takes to craft a compelling and fun player experience
- Passion for video games
The Perks of being a Supermassive Superstar are:
- 25 Days Annual Leave (3 of which are used when we close the studio for our end of year break)
- Private Medical Insurance (BUPA)
- Life Assurance (6 x annual salary)
- Quarterly Profit related Bonus
- Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Income Protection
- Enhanced Family Leave (maternity and paternity pay)
- Generous staff referral scheme
- Discount Card for food and drink at our local pub