CIL is an international management consultancy serving growth clients in markets across the UK, Europe and the US. We help clients to grow their businesses, build value and invest wisely. Most of our engagements involve an M&A element, primarily to advise private equity firms who are looking to invest in high growth businesses. We work across a wide range of sectors, including healthcare, IT, financial services, energy, manufacturing, leisure, business services and many others.
Although we work in structured project teams, we are socially very equal, lively and inclusive – we work in open-plan offices and our culture is the product of our people. We have offices in London, Frome, Munich, Chicago, and our Paris office is opening in early 2023.
Our Frome office is located just 30 minutes from Bath. It offers the opportunity to pursue a city career whilst enjoying the relaxed country lifestyle, lower cost of living and lively social scenes of nearby Bath and Bristol. The Frome and London offices work as one – our engagements are staffed with CILers across both offices.
The Analyst role is the first stage in a strategy consultant’s career. It is a highly demanding job, but you will receive first class training from our successful consultants. As an integral part of our project teams, CIL Analysts will:
- Grasp new business models quickly, typically working on a different project every 4-6 weeks.
- Take responsibility for testing commercial hypotheses through collecting and interrogating primary and secondary research.
- Carry out rigorous quantitative and qualitative analysis of industry and internal company datasets.
- Play a key role in debating and refining hypotheses with the project manager and project leader, drafting clear & concise output for inclusion in the final report once agreed.
- Get in front of clients and help present our findings – we firmly believe that early client exposure is a great way to learn & develop.
- Help coach new graduate intakes after six months. We have at least two new graduate intakes each year so after six months, our analysts will be expected to support new joiners in their own development.
We are committed to being the best consultancy to work for in our field. As well as the benefits below, we pride ourselves on being flexible to the needs and personal circumstances of every single employee. The main benefits we offer include:
- Rapid, meritocratic progression, with exposure to investors and management teams from the start.
- A high-quality training programme delivered within a hugely supportive learning environment (including structured training modules to take you from analyst to partner and financial support to study for relevant qualifications).
- Competitive remuneration and participation in our generous company bonus scheme.
- Option to join company private healthcare scheme through Vitality.
- Matched pension contributions.
- Generous holiday entitlement (25 days) with option to purchase 5 additional days each year.
- Flexible working options with little travel and the potential to work from home.
- Initiatives to limit weekend working and to give time back in lieu of long hours worked.
- Regular company events & socials, as well as post-project team meals.
- An incredible company culture – our values of excellence, integrity and supportiveness are evident in the work that we do and the collaborative working environment we foster for our people.
- Sabbatical and secondment opportunities to our international offices as you progress through the company.
We are looking for people who…
- Have the right skills:
- Outstanding numeracy, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent research techniques and critical thinking skills.
- Business acumen and curiosity for solving business problems.
- Achieved or on track to achieve a 2.1 degree grade or above.
- Excellent people and workload management skills.
- Share CIL’s outlook:
- Humility and quiet self-confidence.
- An appetite to learn from mistakes and improve.
- Independent self-starters with a sense of initiative.
- Team players with a collaborative approach to problem-solving.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. CIL commits to creating and maintaining a culture where every employee feels included and respected; to countering discrimination through our recruitment and training processes and our interaction with other stakeholders; and to celebrating the diverse contributions of all our employees and stakeholders.