Chess.com is one of the largest gaming sites in the world and the #1 platform for playing, learning, and enjoying chess.
We are a team of 600+ fully remote people in 60+ countries working hard to serve the global chess community. We are here to support 100M+ chess players worldwide with the best possible product, content, and tools to serve the community!
We are a tech company. A gaming company. A content company. And we do it all with passion and commitment to the game. Above all we prize our mission-driven, flat, life-celebrating, no-corporate culture, and we look forward to meeting you and learning more about what you can bring to the team.
You are an experienced project manager with a passion for growing and monetizing businesses. You have a strong background in and/or understanding of B2C freemium subscription business models. You thrive in roles that require you to balance business needs, the customer experience and technical requirements. You are passionate about owning and leading projects start-to-finish, from ideation to execution to ongoing management.
What You’ll Do
- Reporting directly to the SVP of Monetization, you will manage numerous projects to help grow our subscription revenue stream
- Work closely with Engineering to ensure business needs are properly translated into technical requirements
- Implement subscriber acquisition, retention and winback campaigns
- Enhance our web and app product (messaging, design, commerce flows) to drive:
- Upgrades from the free tier to the premium tier
- Retention among existing subscribers
- Ideate and conduct numerous AB tests to optimize for above goals
- Document projects in a clear manner for all stakeholders
- Track key business insights
- 5+ years experience in project management, ideally in the B2C digital space
- Understanding of consumer subscription business models and customer journeys
- Experience with project management tools like Notion or Jira
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Strong collaboration skills
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Chess player
- Lifelong learner
About the Opportunity
- This is a full-time position
- We are 100% remote (always have been!)
- This is open to applicants from all time zones across the contiguous US
You can learn more about us here:
We look forward to meeting you!