Sweep is hiring a dedicated and analytical VP Sales UK, tasked with supporting Sweep revenue growth by overseeing the daily sales activities, meeting with major clients, writing sales reports, designing effective sales strategies, and marketing company products and services.
Our ideal candidate is a self-starter, with the ability to partner with the C-staff and teams across Sweep to drive efficiency and initiatives.
You can demonstrate success dealing with ambiguity, operating in a fast-growing environment, and solving problems with limited oversight.
You are here to attain Sweep’s revenue and growth goals. In addition, you are in charge of leading Sweep’s sales team and ensuring that the sales force consistently meets and exceeds the defined goals.
You like the challenge of building and implementing sales strategies, developing and managing budget, helping the sales team meet sales revenues, profitability, and budgetary goals, etc.
Finally, you are keen to be a vital player in a senior management team of the sales department. This role requires having excellent strategic planning, communication, and management skills, deep knowledge of emerging trends, technology, and best techniques that can help Sweep improve business processes and drive sales.
Climate change is the defining issue of our time. By empowering companies with technology that helps them manage their climate impact, we believe Sweep can make a meaningful contribution to a better future for all of us.
Ok, sounds promising. What will I be doing?
You are on the front line of the sales growth with the sales team, working on closing the opportunities and making sure the success team can deliver real impact for our customers.
To be more specific, this includes:
1. Build & grow Sweep’s customer base 🤝
- Work closely with our marketing department to
- Increase Sweep’s pipe opportunities & ROI (return on investment)
- Give them proper feedback to help them design marketing materials for offline/online campaigns.
- Manage inbound and outbound sales opportunities, even the non-UK based ones, waiting for our sales organization to structure itself and expand geographically with new roles & counterparts.
- Identify where improvements can be made and develop sales plans and strategies to achieve sales goals.
- Be responsible for running split tests and identifying where improvements and modifications can be made in sales plans in order to increase the profitability and reach of these plans.
2. Manage & Lead your team 👫
- Hire and onboard sales staff and develop training programs.
- Manage sales teams and maintain sales operations.
- Review and improve sales enablement materials on a regular basis.
- Outline and manage sales budgets.
- Set monthly and annual sales goals, in coordination with the founding team, and motivate the sales teams to achieve their goals.
- Monitor the market and competitor products and activities and provide detailed sales forecasting.
That sounds just right for me. What do I need to bring?
Glad you asked. This is who we’re looking for:
- 10+ years of sales experience
- Experience in software-as-a-service environments, ideally in the B2B Enterprise space
- Strong organizational skills
- In-depth knowledge of selling strategies and methods, as well as employee motivation techniques.
- Proven and robust leadership abilities, innovative and entrepreneurial attitude
- Strong working knowledge of the company's products, competitive products, and the market.
- Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Great strategic planning, organizational, and creative thinking skills.
- Knowledge of and insight into market trends, with an ability to think strategically
- You’re an empathetic team player that is great at building lasting relationships, both internally and externally
- A strategic thinker, who sees both the big picture and the smaller underlying mechanics
- An expert communicator, with a knack for turning complex things into simple, engaging and fun interactions.
- A hands-on problem solver, self-motivated with a glass half-full attitude
- You lead by example as a sales person, with a “closing” attitude
- An entrepreneurial mind, ready to launch and fail and iterate
- Attuned to remote collaboration, using digital tools and meticulously documenting work
- A desire and ambition to grow, mentor and support other members on the team
Copy that. And what’s in it for me?
You will be joining an exciting young business that wants to change the world. With a proven track record in starting companies, we’re hitting the ground running and aim to have an impact fast. Joining this journey allows you to grow with us, own your role, and really help shape our path.
You will join a dynamic team of engineers, business minds, creatives and carbon experts spread across Europe and beyond. We’re a fun bunch of people that want to work hard and enjoy ourselves while doing so. We believe in creating a calm environment that knows that life is not just work, and we’ll all be doing better work because of that.
We’re big believers in creating successful businesses that are good for everyone, including society and the planet. That’s why we’re an “Entreprise à Mission” and a Certified B Corp.
We think this might be the ride of our lives. And hopefully yours, too.