Applications are closing soon.
Now is your chance to discover who you’re meant to be. Switch to a career in teaching with Teach First and lead where it matters most.
You can give the children society is failing the futures they deserve. And you’ll get paid as you put your skills into action, while gaining new ones that will take you anywhere. This year, join hundreds of other career changers on the UK's leading teacher training and leadership programme and you’ll get:
- A salary from day one in the classroom
- Opportunities for quick progression (and pay increases to match)
- A fully-funded internationally recognised leadership qualification and professional coaching worth over £10k
- Access to our 16,000-strong network of teachers, leaders and businesses
- Career stability and skills that will set you up for life
This is your chance to make a difference in some of the UK’s poorest communities. With Teach First, you can open up a world of possibilities – for you, and for those you’ll be teaching.
Take the leap. Apply before 23 March and start teaching this September.
Your future is still out there.
Now is the time to discover it! Check out our eligibility page here or contact with your local recruiter by following this link.
It's also worth knowing:
- Completing our programme will earn you a Postgraduate Diploma in Education and Leadership (PGDE), worth double the credits of a Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE). 99% of people who qualify as teachers with us achieve the top two grades (good or outstanding). You’ll also have the option of completing a master’s degree part-time over a third year.
- From September this year starting salaries for teachers will increase by 8.9 per cent.
- This support we give means our teachers over seven times more likely to progress to senior leadership roles early in their career than those who train through Higher Education Institution routes.
- Experience: In 2020, 31% of new trainees joined us from another career, 26% had graduated in the past two years, and 43% came straight from university. Your diversity is your strength: wherever you're coming from, you've got a set of unique skills to bring to the classroom - enabling you to develop as a fantastic teacher.
Key dates (applications closing, programme starting, etc.)
- Application deadline: 23rd March
- Summer Institute dates (pre-summer training ahead of the programme beginning): Full Time Summer Institute - 19 June to 21 July and Part Time Summer Institute (which allows trainees to continue to work alongside it): 5 June to 5 August
- Programme starts: September 2023
Click here for FAQs on the Teach First programme and the application process.