Are you an engineering professional with a passion for delivering amazing products? Do you wear your SolidWorks experience like a badge of honour? If so, keep reading! Ooni is looking for a customer-focused Senior Design Engineer to join our awesome Product team and ensure we continue to deliver on our promise of providing world class pizza ovens and accessories.
- Be asked to design complex sheet metal, injection molded, and cast parts and their assemblies in Solidworks
- Live our value of innovation, bending the rules of DfM/DfA, to explore new technologies, materials, and processes
- Develop new innovative technologies that are of real value to our customers
- Translate CAD from Industrial Designers into manufacturable parts, sub-assemblies, and assemblies
- Own and deliver high quality DfM CAD and drawing packages
- Bridge the gap between Industrial Design, our Manufacturing Partners, and our in house Test Engineering team
- Be comfortable with taking complete ownership of projects and project deliveries
- Be expected to pursue the best designs and never settle for the “first solution”
- Bring extensive knowledge to the team in terms of material usage, manufacturing techniques and engineering fundamentals.
- Will be able to see the bigger picture, to delegate tasks and to support the junior members of the team in order to deliver on the project requirements.
Reporting to the Head of Engineering, you will be a vital member of our Product team. You will work closely with all the members of our team to guide products through a stage gate design process. This is an on-site role based from our office in Broxburn, West Lothian.
You will work in a very open and collaborative environment; the best idea wins, regardless of role or title. Our product team is ambitious and innovative and always has their foot on the pedal.
You will be involved in ensuring our impact on the planet is minimised. We take our responsibilities to sustainability very seriously and seek to make improvements in our products and processes wherever we can.
- 5+ years of experience in Solidworks including advanced modeling techniques including surface modeling
- 5+ years experience in development and engineering (to manufacture) of consumer products, principally from sheet metal formed via tooled presses.
- A passion for wrestling difficult engineering problems
- A solid theoretical background in engineering principles
- Degree or qualification in Engineering or relevant field
- Experience working with overseas manufacturers
- A proven track record of delivering complex consumer products
- Experience with DFMEA
- A portfolio demonstrating the projects and designs you have been responsible for
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to clearly explain and present design solutions
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Team player, optimistic, solution-driven orientation
For bonus points:
- Team or line manager experience
- Certified Solidworks Professional
- Solidworks sheet metal tool
- Solidworks FEA simulation
- Solidworks Flow simulation
- Electronic component enclosure design
- Deep draw metal manufacturing
- Sheet metal forming tool design with both mild and stainless steel
- Plastic injection tool design
- Additive and subtractive manufacturing techniques and technologies
- Chartered Engineer
- Go to YouTube and search “We are Ooni”. We’re super proud of our culture and think you’ll love it here too. Here are some other reasons:
- Work for an employer that cares about your wellbeing! We’ve got an employee assistance programme which includes on demand coaching and therapy sessions, plus a weekly yoga class
- 35 days of paid time off per year, plus an additional 5 week sabbatical when you’ve been here for 5 years
- £500 every year to spend on your passion – whatever that may be
- £1000 to spend on Ooni products each year, plus 50% discount on any other Ooni stuff
- We’re all about giving back. That’s why we offer two paid days to volunteer each year
- Continuing Education - we encourage our employees to use our learning platform to grow here at Ooni
- Oh and great pizza every single day if you want it. Yep. Every single day. And we’ll teach you to become a pizza pro
Take a look at our website to learn more about our products, culture and values. If you like what you see, then please send over the following:
- A short cover letter on why you’d love to join Ooni
- PDF portfolio of your most impressive and appropriate work
Having a fantastic culture is really important to all of us at Ooni. We work hard to make it diverse and inclusive, and want everyone to have access to the same opportunities. If you would like this advert in a different format or need an alternative method of applying, please let us know. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org