Are you passionate about transforming education and empowering learners worldwide? Coursera, the world's largest online learning platform, is on a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. With over 118 million registered learners and partnerships with 300+ top universities and industry leaders, including Google, IBM, and Duke University, Coursera offers a diverse range of content and credentials, from courses and Specializations to Professional Certificates and bachelor's and master's degrees.
As a B Corp, we're committed to driving positive social and environmental impact while delivering high-quality learning experiences. Our platform is used by institutions worldwide to upskill and reskill employees, citizens, and students across industries, including data science, technology, and business.
Join us in our mission to create a world where anyone, anywhere can transform their life through access to education. We're seeking talented individuals who share our passion and drive to revolutionize the way the world learns.
We at Coursera are committed to building a globally diverse team and are thrilled to extend employment opportunities to individuals in any country where we have a legal entity. We require candidates to possess eligible working rights and have a compatible timezone overlap with their team to facilitate seamless collaboration. As a remote-first company, our interviews and onboarding are entirely virtual, providing a smooth and efficient experience for our candidates.
Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 82 million registered learners as of March 31, 2021. Coursera partners with over 200 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including Guided Projects, courses, Specializations, certificates, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. More than 6,000 institutions have used Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students, including in high-demand fields such as data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
Financial management is crucial to the performance and success of any company. The roles and responsibilities of the Coursera Finance team include accounting, financial reporting, analysis, planning, budgeting, and compliance. Problem solvers at heart, this team works to fuel Coursera’s growth by developing creative solutions in response to accounting and finance challenges.
The Finance organization at Coursera is looking for an experienced Sr. Revenue Accountant. As part of a lean and dynamic team, there’s tremendous opportunity for impact and ownership. The ideal candidate will be proactive, reliable, personable and eager to work in a fast-paced environment. You will be assisting in the monthly revenue, revenue share and indirect tax accounting process, preparing entries and schedules accordingly, working cross functionally with partnerships, legal and engineering teams on related revenue and revenue share projects and contributing to the month end close and reporting process. If you think on your feet, love working with people and enjoy working on multiple projects simultaneously, we want you to join us!
- Prepare monthly accounting entries necessary to record consumer segment revenue, content fees payable and indirect taxes (VAT/sales taxes) and related balance sheet account reconciliations and fluctuation analyses
- Prepare, review, and reconcile revenue reports against payment processor reports and bank statements
- Assist in data and document gathering for VAT and sales tax registrations and ongoing compliance
- Collaborate with cross functional partners (including financial analysis, product, data engineering, partnerships and legal teams) on day to day operational activities
- Assist with annual external audit activities and quarterly reviews
- Support special projects (e.g. system implementations) and process/control improvement initiatives
- 4+ years of experience in a similar revenue accounting role
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related area of study
- Experience with consumer revenue (high volume large data size reporting)
- Background working in the monthly general ledger close process
- Experience using intermediate level formulas, pivot tables, and v-lookup in MS Excel
- CPA license and ASC 606 revenue experience in a growing SaaS company are a plus
- Experience with Netsuite, Looker, Braintree and/or Paypal
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills and a high level of attention to detail
- Comfortable working with large data sets and performing cash to revenue reconciliations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organized and able to work in a fast paced and deadline driven environment
- Working knowledge of NetSuite, experience with Braintree/Paypal payment processor reporting, Looker and Avalara a bonus
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The starting base pay for this role is between $78,000 and $95,000 for all US candidates. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and location. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, and benefits.