Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 124 million registered learners. Coursera partners with over 300 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including courses, Specializations, Professional Certificates, Guided Projects, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in fields such as data science, technology, and business.
Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021. As a B Corp, we're committed to driving positive social and environmental impact while delivering high-quality learning experiences. Our platform is used by institutions worldwide to upskill and reskill employees, citizens, and students across industries, including data science, technology, and business.
Join us in our mission to create a world where anyone, anywhere can transform their life through access to education. We're seeking talented individuals who share our passion and drive to revolutionize the way the world learns.
We at Coursera are committed to building a globally diverse team and are thrilled to extend employment opportunities to individuals in any country where we have a legal entity. We require candidates to possess eligible working rights and have a compatible timezone overlap with their team to facilitate seamless collaboration. As a remote-first company, our interviews and onboarding are entirely virtual, providing a smooth and efficient experience for our candidates.
Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 82 million registered learners as of March 31, 2021. Coursera partners with over 200 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including Guided Projects, courses, Specializations, certificates, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. More than 6,000 institutions have used Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students, including in high-demand fields such as data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
Financial management is crucial to the performance and success of any company. The roles and responsibilities of the Coursera Finance team include accounting, financial reporting, analysis, planning, budgeting, and compliance. Problem solvers at heart, this team works to fuel Coursera’s growth by developing creative solutions in response to accounting and finance challenges.
Coursera's Finance department is currently seeking an experienced Senior Revenue Accountant to join their team. As a member of this agile and efficient group, you will have ample opportunities to make a significant impact and take ownership of projects. The ideal candidate is proactive, dependable, personable, and motivated to thrive in a fast-paced environment. Your primary responsibilities will include preparing in the monthly revenue, revenue share, and indirect tax accounting processes, creating relevant entries and schedules, collaborating with partnerships, legal, and engineering teams on revenue and revenue share initiatives, and ensuring timely month-end closure and reconciliation procedures. We're looking for a candidate with a strong grasp of GAAP and revenue recognition principles, exceptional interpersonal skills, excellent verbal and written English communication skills, a commitment to meeting deadlines, an ability to accurately follow procedures, impeccable attention to detail, and excellent organizational skills.
If you're a natural problem-solver who enjoys generating innovative solutions to accounting and finance challenges and are passionate about supporting Coursera's growth, we encourage you to apply!
- Prepare monthly accounting entries necessary to record consumer segment revenue, revenue share and indirect taxes (VAT/sales taxes) and related balance sheet account reconciliations and fluctuation analyses
- Prepare, review, and reconcile revenue reports against payment processor reports and bank statements
- Assist in data and document gathering for VAT and sales tax registrations and ongoing compliance
- Collaborate with cross functional partners (including financial analysis, product, data engineering, partnerships and legal teams) on day to day operational activities
- Assist with annual external audit activities and quarterly reviews
- Support special projects (e.g. system implementations) and process/control improvement initiatives
- 4+ years of experience in a similar revenue accounting role
- BA degree in Accounting or related field
- Experience with monthly general ledger close process
- Experience using advanced level formulas, pivot tables, and v-lookup in MS Excel and Google Sheets
- Experience working with large data sets and performing cash to revenue reconciliations
- Experience in a dynamic and fast-paced environment from high growth E-Commerce/SaaS companies
- ERP system experience (preferably NetSuite, Looker, Salesforce)
- Experience with Payment Processors (e.g. Braintree, Stripe, Apple, etc)
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills and a high level of attention to detail
- Thorough understanding and adherence to applicable audit/SOX controls
- ASC 606 revenue experience in a growing SaaS company are a plus
- Demonstrate expertise of analyzing processes and implementing process, and work on system/process improvement to reduce manual work and to improve operational efficiency
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The starting base pay for this role is between $78,000 and $95,000 for all US candidates. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and location. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, and benefits.