We are changing things. We are So Energy, a fast-growing 100% renewable energy supplier in the UK. We're the leading energy supplier for customer service and we've won a host of awards too; including The Sunday Times Fast Track 100.
Our business depends on hiring and developing the best people, and thanks to that being something we really value our customer service team has won award after award, we’ve been Which? Recommended Supplier, topped the Citizens Advice customer service rankings on many occasions and won the Silver Award in 2020 at the European Contact Centre Awards to name just a few. We’re looking to quadruple our customer base in the next two and a half years, therefore, this role is crucial in helping us be successful.
Who we're looking for?
The Payments & Collections Team Leader will assist the Credit & Collections Manager with the start to end B2C dunning processes to ensure collections are made in a timely manner. This will include the management and development of existing team members as well as supporting new joiners to the team
- Experience as a credit controller/accounts receivable specialist, preferably with some form of leadership or advanced duties
- Proactive approach to tasks and to be a change advocate
- Role model behaviour – visible leader, development focused and a customer championYou are results orientated and understand the need to be flexible to deliver goals
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills to ensure personal and team goals and targets are met
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills with a problem-solving ability
What will you be doing?
- Monitor and improve performance of your team, ensuring they adhere to best practice
- Support in allocation of workloads and tasks in the team and ensure completion within agreed timescales and report any risks
- Deliver regular 1:1s with your team, addressing and coaching your team on achieving their KPIs, giving honest and consistent feedback and providing recognition
- To work with Credit & Collections Manager in measuring and improving internal processes
- Proactively monitoring volumes and working our ticketing system
- Supporting team members by dealing with escalated queries
- Dealing with end stage debt collection and litigation accounts
- Proactively identify areas of improvement to drive So Energy’s objectives
- Drive innovation and efficiencies with So Energy and the Payments Team
- To be commercially aware of So Energy’s goal by thriving to achieve SLAs and being proactive with your team
- Regular communication with the wider Customer Operations Team to ensure all goals met
What's in it for you?
- £35,000 plus 10% performance related bonus
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, and an extra day holiday for your birthday
- Work two days from home each week after your probation period
- Last Friday of each month nibbles and drinks in the office
- Access to loads of great benefits including PerkBox including Salary Sacrifice Tech Purchase scheme
- £500 Learning and Development budget
- Great reward and recognition
- Join a unique culture that embrace peoples ideals and fosters collaboration across the business
At So Energy, our employees are just as important to us as our customers. We will provide training and support your development throughout your career.
Working hours: 08:30 - 17:30 Monday to Friday
So Energy cares about helping the energy industry become a much more diverse and inclusive environment and we work hard to lead by example. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and building an inclusive environment for all. As an equal opportunity employer, there are also several steps we take to accommodate candidates and employees with disabilities including additional time on tests during the interview process and specialist equipment for those employees that require it.
If you are interested in finding out more please apply, make sure to complete all the questions to the best of your ability and attached an up to date version of your CV.