Fable is a mission-driven start-up based in Silicon Valley, founded in 2019 by global tech industry veteran Padmasree Warrior.
We are building Fable because stress, anxiety, depression, and social isolation are on the rise and affecting people globally, across all age and income levels — and we can help. Stories promote empathy, emotional intelligence, and other cognitive abilities that can lead to better mental health. Just 30 minutes of reading every day can improve our mental well-being. Fable helps our community make reading a daily healthy habit. Community members enjoy the many benefits of reading while making deeper human connections with other readers. We are backed by top investors, including Redpoint Ventures, Tiger Global, M13, Gaingels, and notable angel investors who believe in our mission and team.
🏗 WHAT WE ARE BUILDING
Fable is a community-powered platform for discovering, reading, and discussing books, articles, and podcasts, for deeper connections, upskilling, and mental wellness.
Fable makes it easy for people to discover, join and build communities to read together based on their interest graph. Fable members read together, sharing highlights, comments and insights. We make reading interactive and fun in the Fable eReader.
Fable helps people organize all of their reading in one central place. Members can create reading “Lists,” share their lists, follow other members, import their reading lists from other platforms, and rate and review books. We make personalized recommendations based on your reading preferences.
Every day, Fable helps members set and reach their reading goals to reap the wellness benefits of reading. Our communities set their own milestones to pace themselves and fill the micro-moments in their lives with stories.
We are looking for an experienced Sales Leader who will be responsible for driving sales and adoption of Fable at corporations and universities. This position reports to the CEO.
💪🏽 What You Will Do
- Create, own and manage the sales pipeline as Fable’s first dedicated Sales leader
- Develop quarterly forecasts and execution plans for revenue growth
- Identify and drive opportunities to position Fable as a must-have platform for culture building, upskilling and mental wellness for businesses and universities around the world
- Identify high-potential verticals, businesses and execute outbound reach outs
- Establish and execute a sales and go-to-market plan to acquire customers
- Generate leads and sales opportunities
- Understand customer needs and ensure successful adoption and usage of Fable within the enterprise
- Create a customer success plan to grow and retain the existing customer base
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams to execute on the sales and customer success plans
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams to optimize sales and customer success materials, ranging from landing page copy to video content to slide presentations
✔️ Skills You Will Need
- Experience in owning and driving the top line of the company. Accountable for revenue growth. You will own revenue numbers
- Experience in leading sales for digital enterprise solutions (B2B SaaS, ecommerce etc), and a track record of driving revenue growth 0-1 and beyond
- Experience in B2B sales negotiations and strong closing skills, especially with senior leadership
- Excellent presentation, communication, and influencing skills to articulate value propositions and generate customer interest leading to a sale
- Experience in defining sales metrics, and driving decisions based on data and/or qualitative feedback
- Hands-on experience building an enterprise sales function at an early stage company
- Ability to travel to meet with customers as needed
😊 IS THIS YOU?
- You take ownership and responsibility. We have ambitious plans and need you to execute relentlessly and drive projects to get results
- You love working with smart, fun, sincere and dedicated peers
- You want to be the one to make it happen
- You are resilient and can cope with ambiguity
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and at times unpredictable start-up environment
👐🏽 YOUR TEAM AT FABLE
At Fable, you'll join a passionate, high-performing and empathetic team of people who love stories. We are proud to work on a purpose-driven product with a mission of improving mental wellness. We are a tech company with the soul of an artist. We are an early-stage startup and, as such, a constant work in progress. We have no time for bureaucracy and are looking for leaders, not spectators. We listen, understand, and consider before we judge. We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and have a set of values that are an integral part of our company culture. Please check out our diversity and inclusion manifesto and company values here.
🔑 WHY WORK AT FABLE
This is a unique opportunity if you are looking to join a small team making a big impact and work on a fast-growing product while having fun along the way.
- Annual Base Pay for this role: $100k - $150k (dependent on location and commensurate with experience)
- Additional incentive based compensation for successfully achieving sales targets
- Competitive stock options
- Comprehensive health and dental plans
- Flexible vacation days
- Self-contributing 401k
- Open and transparent culture
- Parental leave (we believe in life integration, not just work-life balance)
- Work from anywhere, any time
WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT FABLE?
- Check out our Founder’s message, meet our team, and read our principles to make sure we are right for you
- Read more about Fable in Fortune andMarie Claire
- Listen to our Founder talk about mental wellness and stories
- Top 50 seed companies to work for 2021
We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace diversity at our company. We do not discriminate by race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are a gender-balanced team committed to diversity and an inclusive environment.