We’re a legaltech on a mission to ensure everyone can access their legal rights. We combine human solicitors with artificial intelligence to radically reduce legal costs for consumers and small businesses.
Who you are
- You’re opinionated AF and want to help us change the legal system for the better
- You have a demonstrable understanding of the law -- you've worked as a paralegal or have practical legal experience
- You are able to communicate clearly and have experience on the phone -- ideally talking through legal matters with clients
- You have an active interest in sales and possess the "sales mindset"
- You understand the importance of being commercially aware
- You are highly organised and can demonstrate your attention to detail.
- You are highly motivated and ambitious. You are capable of learning and adapting in a fast changing startup environment.
What the job involves
- Talking directly with our clients and helping to understand their legal problems
- Handling and managing sales objections from clients interested in using our service (both on the phone and via email)
- Being on the look out for opportunities to innovate and improve our product and processes
- Being on the frontline of making law accessible to everyone regardless of wealth
- Working directly with our engineering team to build technology that improves access to the law
- Transforming the way people access their legal rights and make legal help accessible to everyone!
- You have founded a business, charity or have been an early hire at a high growth startup
- You have had experience in a sales role or can show a demonstrable interest in the area.
- Performance based bonus
- Equity package
- 33 days paid holiday a year + your birthday off
- We're a fully distributed team. Work from home or from any co-working space in the UK
- Equipment budget - we’ll provide a laptop, desk, screens, whatever you need to do your job
- Unlimited access to co-working space
- Annual company retreats
- Regular team get-togethers and socials
- We encourage open discussion and debate
- We value intellectual curiosity
- We have a spirit of rigorous experimentation
- We bias to action and have a strong GSD mindset
- We believe in the importance of embracing failure, learning from mistakes, and iterating quickly
- We want to advance the agenda of fairness and equality in society
What makes Lawhive a great place to work?
Employee in the Software Engineering team
My opinions are valued
"At Lawhive everyone has the opportunity to influence the direction that the company is going in. Right from day one it was clear that the founders were genuinely interested in what I had to say, even when I didn't necessarily agree with their point of view."
"I have been at Lawhive for just under three months now, and in that time I have worked from both Spain and Sweden! It has been clear from the start that where and when you work is not really an issue, as long as you are able to deliver what you have said that you will."
"Lawhive is my first software engineering job, and when I started I had no formal education in engineering, which led to some pretty mad imposter syndrome! The people at Lawhive really put me at ease and made it clear that their expectations of me were reasonable for my experience, and this has allowed my confidence to really increase. We also have a great time when we meet up for socials!"
Employee in the Operations & Strategy team
Open and honest communication
"Lawhive values its staffs opinions and encourages healthy debate and open discussion. It is a very healthy working environment and I always feel like I'm being listened to and heard. I feel like my thoughts and opinions really matter and have an impact on the company."
"My colleagues at Lawhive are all incredibly intelligent people. I am surrounded by interesting opinions and feel I can lean on their expertise and learn from them, in turn developing my skills and progressing quickly."
"My manager is always happy to help and encourages me to ask questions if I ever feel stuck. He is very friendly and I feel more than comfortable asking for help. It's SO refreshing to have a manager that genuinely cares about me and how I blossom into my role."