Do you want to work on the most pressing problem of our generation?
We’re building the infrastructure for the net zero transition, and we’re looking for brilliant builders who want to help define a low carbon future.
Decarbonizing the economy requires a granular, real-time view of where emissions come from and how they might be reduced. We build software to automate the carbon footprinting of supply chains. Banks, traders, and manufacturers use our product to tame the complexity of international supply networks, identify the most carbon-intensive parts, and find greener alternatives. Having developed technology which is significant in advance of competitive solutions, we are now investing heavily in market adoption.
You can find out more about interviewing at CarbonChain at https://www.carbonchain.com/careers/interview-process.
Working at CarbonChain
To join CarbonChain, you’ll be a keen team player who loves to learn from others. Our company is made up of passionate people with expertise ranging from oil refining to deep learning. Between us we’ve run Amazon’s European supply chain, built JustEat’s corporate meal delivery platform, and monitored industrial emissions with satellites for Al Gore. We’ve got MBAs and PhDs but we know that there’s a lot we don’t know, and we’re hoping you can help fill that gap.
We encourage every member of our team to be the best they can be, whether that’s developing skills through their learning budget or participating in reading groups. Our work requires everybody to straddle the physical and digital worlds, and a growth mindset is essential.
You’ll be working closely with the technologists who develop our product, bringing back insights from the market into what customers and users want. Your feedback will help shape the roadmap, and you’ll be supported by a crack team that loves to ship quickly and get products into customers’ hands.
As the world wakes up to the reality of climate change and the need to decarbonize, there’s a pressing need to understand the carbon intensity of every activity in the economy. Your job as a Customer Success Manager (CSM) is to be a customer champion and unlock the full potential of CarbonChain for every user.
You'll be the first Customer Success Manager in the London office. Reporting to our COO to drive value for CarbonChain’s users, we’re looking for a commercially-minded CSM who is curious about discovering and solving customer problems, however, at the same time appreciates the speed at which we are looking to onboard users.
With an established footprint across key customer accounts, we are looking for an individual that can be a customer champion and unlock the full potential of CarbonChain for every user.
What will you be responsible for at Carbon Chain?
- Being a trusted partner to strategic accounts to drive value and successful business outcomes
- Defining customer success plans and continually being on the lookout for opportunities to grow the account (within departments or into new departments)
- Winning Executive Sponsors and cultivating Adoption Champions
- Owning and driving user-level metrics, including activation, engagement, product adoption and customer feedback scores
- Proactively anticipating customer challenges and risks, and creating remedial plans to address these to avoid churn
- Defining, mapping and implementing customer lifecycle touch points, including business reviews, customer satisfaction surveys, reference programs, case studies, and others
- Collaborating and working in tandem with the Sales and Product team to orchestrate the necessary resources to foster a seamless customer experience and embed a culture of customer success at CarbonChain
- Becoming an expert on decarbonization and the challenges we can help our clients overcome on their journey to Net Zero
You would be a good fit if you:
- Have a proven track record working in high-touch enterprise segments with B2B enterprise software products
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of customer success experience; SaaS experience preferred
- Start-up experience a must!
- Bring a consultative, problem-solving mindset to collaborating with customers and internal stakeholders alike
- Are deeply curious about how we can reach Net Zero and the role of financial institutions and industrial players in the energy transition
- Have domain experience in the financial or industrial sectors, with a solid grasp of commodity trading
- Have demonstrable experience in owning and influencing key user metrics, including activation, product adoption and customer satisfaction scores
- Understand how to gather and use customer data to tell the user story and enable internal decision making and prioritisation
- Are excited about taking and growing an account from 10 users to the next 1000 users
- Demonstrate an authentic hunger to build the CarbonChain’s customer success model from the ground up, the dynamism to deliver impact, and the desire to keep learning
What we require from applicants
- Right to work in the UK and willingness to come to the Camden, London office 2+ days a week
- A passion for environmental issues
- A demonstrated interest in building products and collaborating tightly with engineers
- The grit and energy to work in an early stage startup
What we're offering
- Competitive salary + generous equity package
- Flexible working hours - we encourage regular breaks and being AFK (away from keyboard) to support your wellbeing
- £2,000 annual development allowance for you to spend on developing your current skills and learning new things
- Tech equipment of your choice
- Regular social activities
- 26 days of annual leave
We're striving to build a diverse team and we would love to hear from applicants from backgrounds less frequently represented in technology, be that in terms of gender, race, or professional background.
If you think your skills and experience match what we’re looking for and you’d like to join a Carbon Tech industry unicorn, please get in touch!