Do you want to work on the most pressing problem of our generation?
We’re building the infrastructure for the net zero transition, and we’re looking for brilliant builders who want to help define a low carbon future.
Decarbonizing the economy requires a granular, real-time view of where emissions come from and how they might be reduced. We build software to automate the carbon footprinting of supply chains. Banks, traders, and manufacturers use our product to tame the complexity of international supply networks, identify the most carbon-intensive parts, and find greener alternatives. Having developed technology which is significant in advance of competitive solutions, we are now investing heavily in market adoption.
You can find out more about interviewing at CarbonChain at https://www.carbonchain.com/careers/interview-process.
CarbonChain is searching for a Principal Oil & Gas Carbon Emissions Analyst with a focus on greenhouse gas emissions modelling for mining assets and supply chains, who is passionate about driving measurable, technology driven change to tackle the climate crisis.
The Principal Oil & Gas Carbon Emissions Analyst will lead the development of CarbonChain’s offering to customers in the oil & gas sector. Specifically, you would be responsible for
- Continuously improving CarbonChain’s methodology to model greenhouse gas emissions of assets and transport along Oil & Gas supply chains including: upstream production basins (crude and gas), crude refineries, LNG liquefaction facilities, pipeline transport and power plants (final combustion)
- Expanding CarbonChain’s database of Oil & Gas asset-level emission factors
- Managing a robust quality assurance process for all Oil & Gas emission models and outputs
- Single-mindedly focusing on ensuring that CarbonChain’s Oil & Gas methodology reflects the latest scientific standards & industry developments
- Seeking accreditation of results by industry bodies and/or players
- Enhancing customer experience
Reporting to: CEO
Day to Day tasks:
- Model/Source best-in-class greenhouse gas emission factors of Oil & Gas assets
- Conduct GHG inventory analysis for oil and gas specific commodity trades
- Own production of internal and client facing Oil & Gas related outputs
- Develop materials to accelerate customer acquisition and education, as required
- Contribute to the overall success of the business, as required
- Master’s degree in Oil & Gas, Engineering, Business, Economics, Environmental Studies, Geology or closely related subject. A PhD would be an advantage
- At least ten years of experience in Oil & Gas asset analysis and/or quantitative field, preferably with on the ground field experience, including Upstream or Downstream
- High level of data literacy and quantitative skills with proven experience in the collection and analysis of operational or financial data from mineral based industries. Fluency in Excel
- Exposure to carbon related projects or experience in the collection and analysis of greenhouse data
- Proven track record of strong diagnostic, analytical and problem-solving competencies
- Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work in an environment requiring liaison and collaboration with multiple stakeholders including customers
- Ability to present coherent and convincing positions (both in writing and orally) in the English language
What we require from applicants
- Right to work in the UK
- Willingness to come to London office 2+ days a week
- A passion for environmental issues
- A demonstrated interest in building products and collaborating tightly with engineers
- The grit and energy to work in an early stage startup
If you think your skills and experience match what we’re looking for and you’d like to join a Carbon Tech industry unicorn, please get in touch!