Principal Consultant – Nature Strategy – Introduction
As a someone with extensive knowledge of global environmental frameworks and action as well as experience in corporate sustainability, this is a rare opportunity to join an expanding science-based SME with a bright future.
As a world leader in delivering nature data and intelligence, NatureMetrics brings the power of genetics to frontline environmental management. Our products allow our customers to make better decisions for business and nature. We have grown rapidly over the last five years and validated our technology in multiple industry sectors and regions of the world. We now have an exciting scale up plan backed by ambitious and supportive investors.
As our Principal Consultant we will look to you to provide strategic advice and guidance in the development of nature positive strategies, nature accounting and disclosure planning whilst mainstreaming nature sustainability for businesses.
Principal Consultant – Nature Strategy – The Role
- Support clients from a diverse range of sectors to develop & implement company-wide and asset-level nature strategies and solutions
- Help clients navigate the calls from regulators & civil society to deliver nature positive goals, across all sectors from financial services to FMCG.
- Provide tailored advice & technical guidance around nature disclosure frameworks including the Global Biodiversity Framework, Taskforce for Nature-related Financial Disclosures & the EU Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive.
- Horizon scan to help organisations understand and position themselves against upcoming risks and opportunities.
- Map out biodiversity & nature positive strategy recommendations.
- Deliver biodiversity accounting metrics & key performance indicators.
- Create biodiversity monitoring strategies and recommendations.
- Support project development & delivery.
- Build relationships key clients.
Principal Consultant – Nature Strategy – About You
- Experience in corporate sustainability and monitoring and reporting needs.
- Comprehensive knowledge of global environmental frameworks & action.
- Sound knowledge of voluntary & compliance drivers for nature sustainability.
- Good understanding of biodiversity data, metrics, indicators & accounting frameworks.
- Experience in the development & implementation of a full spectrum of biodiversity & ecosystem services management.
- Record of capacity building and awareness raising.
- Strong business development background.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Commercially astute.
Principal Consultant – Nature Strategy – What Is In It For You
We offer great personal development opportunities and roles with breadth, depth of scope and impact. We also offer comprehensive packages including:
- Competitive Salary (depending on experience)
- 25 days holiday excluding bank holidays
- Company pension
- Flexible 40 hour week (core hours 10am to 4pm) including 1 hour paid lunch
- Cycle to Work Scheme,
- Enhanced family friendly policy
- Dedicated well-being room
- Health insurance.
- Life Assurance
Principal Consultant – Nature Strategy – How to Apply
Apply online via the link below and we will get back to you.
We are advocates of a healthy work life balance and mental wellbeing. We are happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles.
At NatureMetrics diversity and inclusion are part of our DNA. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees. It fuels our innovation and connects us to the communities we work with. Our values leave no space for stereotypes. We are all unique and pull together for a common purpose.