Hours: 40 hours per week (including one hour paid lunch)
Here at Beryl, we have a clear vision: to build a better world by getting more people moving sustainably.
Our aim is to be the UK's leading micromobility company, delivering financially sustainable shared schemes to UK communities. As the only B-Corp micromobility operator, we care about community, safety, the environment, and beautiful design.
Beryl is growing, both nationally and internationally, and now is the most exciting time to join our team.
Our Redistribution Drivers serve as an integral function to our Operations team - they underpin the logistics of our Operations by ensuring the availability and balance of vehicles across our schemes, supporting battery swaps of our electric fleet whilst delivering excellent customer support on-street.
The role will work closely with our Control Room and On-Street Coordinators to collect, redistribute and maintain our fleet of assets. Our Redistribution Drivers will be responsible for safely transporting our vehicles safely and efficiently.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Communicating with management and key personnel to inform them of any disruptions to redistribution routes;
- Balance our vehicle bays to ensure the correct amount of assets are distributed;
- Be responsible for swapping the batteries of our electric vehicles on-street;
- Accurately recording and documenting all interactions through our dedicated App.
- Identify, triage and report technical issues to relevant departments.
- Uphold personal and public safety by adhering to road safety guidance at all times.
- Comfortable working independently.
- Provide assistance to the general public in a polite and professional manner.
We are looking for…
We need someone who:
- Is conscientious and motivated to work autonomously;
- Holds a clean and full driving licence;
- Can work Saturday & Sundays;
- Punctual with good time management skills;
- Able to adapt to new procedures - is a keen and quick learner;
- Interest in biking/cycling is preferred but not essential;
- Able to work well under pressure.
We are offering in return…
- The chance to build the business and help Beryl on our journey to become one of the biggest micromobility operators in the world.
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- 32 days holiday, including bank holidays
- Beryl Bikes membership
- Online perks and discounts
- Family and friends' product discounts
At Beryl, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be fairly reviewed for the role without regard to race, religion, sexuality, age, disability, gender identity, nationality, or any other protected status. We particularly welcome people from a BAME background or those who are disabled as they are currently under-represented in our workforce. If you wish to discuss reasonable adjustments for this role please indicate this within your application and we will be in touch with you.
While upholding the Equalities Act we are committed to continuing to improve our workplace culture and environment. We strive to support all staff and maintain an inclusive workplace, we champion and support mental health and wellbeing activities.
We value employees from diverse backgrounds and family arrangements, and have flexible working policies that support our staff in balancing their personal and work lives.
The following steps will be taken to ensure the application and recruitment process for our Redistribution Driver role is as fair as possible, you should expect the following:
- We will review your answers to the application questions against a pre-set, job specific requirement matrix;
- You will be invited to one interview with an established member of the Bournemouth team. A standardised question and scoring system will be used during the interview process.
- Unsuccessful candidates will be provided with feedback on closure of the application process.
Successful candidates will be subject to reference or job-specific background checks after an offer of employment is made.
Should you have any questions about the role or application process, please contact HR@beryl.cc.