So Energy was created in 2015 because we know there’s never a good reason to have a bad experience with your energy provider. Since then our renewable energy business has grown rapidly, with over 300,000 customers and 300+ So Energist and we aren’t done. Our next goal is to supply renewable energy to 1 million UK customers by the end of 2026 and we are going to succeed in that mission by leveraging technology, remaining customer-centric and hiring people with a passion for sustainability. Please be aware this is a UK based role as hybrid working in our West London office is expected.
If you're thinking of joining us then your timing couldn't be more perfect. In late 2021 So Energy joined forces with ESB Energy to become the UK’s next big green energy supplier.
Our People - So Energists
Whether you are helping our customers gain energy independence through solar panelling and EV charges or delivering best-in-class customer service to one of our renewable energy customers there are six things all So Energists have in common, our Values:
At So Energy, we put the customer at the heart of what we do and pride ourselves on being Clear, Caring, and Honest with our customers. How we engage with our customers through written communication is critical to our ongoing success and the satisfaction and engagement of our customers.
The energy crisis has highlighted just how critical clear and honest communication is – our goal is not to shy away from reality but to give helpful and meaningful guidance to our customers to ensure they can navigate this difficult time.
The Copywriter is a hands-on, creative and imaginative thinker with a passion and dedication to producing exceptional work, always putting the audience at the heart of everything they do.
They are an influencer within the company, helping execute projects of all sizes, and completing them with resourcefulness and dedication, taking the initiative to challenge briefs and exceed expectations. Open-minded and collaborative, the Copywriter will inspire and enjoys being inspired.
The Copywriter will champion the voice of our customers through our engagement channels, using our tone of voice and ensuring that messaging is delivered transparently and effectively. A storyteller who loves words and uses their skills to create a narrative, strengthen brand identities, promote products/services and push forward our internal and external communications.
Who you are:
- Proven experience of writing clear, compelling copy for various mediums, including product design, campaign writing, marketing and multi-channel communications.
- Deep understanding of the ways copy can help achieve commercial aims and influence consumers by delivering a clear message.
- Build empathy for our customers and an intuitive eye for customer requirements beyond the obvious. Understand their wants and needs, translate their findings into best-in-class copy.
- Develop strong relationships to inspire confidence in stakeholders, communicate the thinking behind the work, and show self-assurance with your presentation and storytelling.
- Quickly grasp complex problems and develop copy solutions that translate to engaging and elegant customer experiences.
- A motivated self-starter who can work through ambiguity and autonomously complete tasks. Take the initiative to improve something that you see isn't working well by refining processes and the ongoing development of the output never settling for ordinary.
- Care about details and are excited to keep pushing work forward. Loves change for the better and has the energy and drive to work within a fast-paced environment.
- Strong lateral creative thinking, think beyond the obvious and balance tactical and strategic viewpoints.
- High levels of motivation and perseverance with a strong sense of belief in your ideas with the confidence to express them, coupled with a flexible approach and willingness to adapt your ideas to customer needs and commercial objectives.
- Continuing improvement. Thrives on delivering work that they are proud of but not precious and can take feedback.,
- Good time-management skills and ability to manage workloads, priorities and varied projects at the same time, whilst taking direction from leads and product teams.
Continued Professional Development:
Individual development plan
Ongoing training available with our L&D Budget
- Plan, develop, and managing copy content strategy across multiple internal and external channels, both offline and online.
- Identify customer requirements and opportunities to help develop the So Energy’s tone of voice, copy style and brand.
- A strong eye for detail and a way to engage critical information in simple understandable ways.
- Strong ability to translate regulatory guidance and complicated ideas into short, comprehensible clauses for our customers, such as Price Cap changes, renewal notifications, billing, usage, etc.
- Editing and proofreading own work and that of others. Re-writing and updating information in company materials.
- Collaborate with the product, marketing, engineering, sales team and support services to develop proactive communications, including acquisition, retention and launch initiatives.
- Interpret qualitative and quantitative data to produce clear insights from research and implement key findings into copy iteration. Have strong analytical skills and ability to synthesise understanding from multiple inputs to adapt our communication style.
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards and act as a custodian of consistent design and narrative.
- Competitive salary starting at £55,000, plus up to 10% performance-related bonus
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, and an extra day holiday for your birthday
- Last Friday of each month nibbles and drinks in the office
- Hybrid remote working policy
- Great reward and recognition
- Join a unique culture that embraces peoples ideas and fosters collaboration across the business
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity leave
- Access to Perkbox+ including the Wellness Hub
- Life assurance 4x base salary
So Energy care about helping the energy industry become a much more diverse and inclusive environment and we work hard to lead by example. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and building an inclusive environment for all.
If you are interested in finding out more please apply, make sure to complete all the questions to the best of your ability and attached an up to date version of your CV.