At TrustedHousesitters, we are a passionate team on a mission to make the world a better place for pets and their owners. We're seeking a talented Communications Manager to join their team and help craft and execute unique stories. As part of a dynamic PR and communications team, you will work closely with marketing and product teams to tell the best stories and create groundbreaking coverage of the TrustedHousesitters brand.
The Communications Manager will support the communications strategy, working closely with the head of communications, helping to craft and execute creative and unique ways to tell the story of our company, our members and their pets.
- You’ll help to craft creative communication strategies, with particular focus on consumer and SEO campaigns
- You’ll work on delivering a series of high-quality, high-touch communications moments in support of business objectives
- You’ll write foundational materials to help promote key messages.
- You’ll identify, build and nurture key relationships with journalists in key markets and actively network with them
- You’ll do research to support creative campaigns to build community and liaise with members to create compelling case study stories for the media
- You’ll help strategise and plan media target identification for local, regional and national Community events & activities
- You’ll monitor, assess and report metrics and impact from PR campaigns and survey and report on the general reputational impact of PR globally
- You’ll lead on strategic projects with various teams across the company and with key stakeholders
- You’ll assist, proactively and reactively with implementation of crisis communications as and when required
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Around four years of experience in PR and communications
- Experience working with a broad range of members of the media and outlets
- Experience managing and leading stakeholder projects
- A proven track record of planning, executing and evaluating communication campaigns, particularly consumer 9 activity, on a long-term basis
- Knowledge of media relations, digital media strategies, and social media trends.
- Established relationships with a broad range of members of the media and outlets
Who we are looking for:
- You’ll have excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with strong attention to detail.
- You’ll be a creative and confident individual with exceptional presentation and interpersonal skills
- You’ll have a flexible and collaborative mindset, with the ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
- You’ll be an expert at creating and gathering stories, with excellent research, organisation and planning abilities
- You’ll have a passion for pets, people, travel, and discovery, with a keen interest in current affairs and world news
Salary range: £40-£50k per annum DOE
Remote UK based role
Plus well as 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, pension scheme and bonus scheme, we invest in:
Your Learning and development
Keen and curious? From conferences to courses, you’ll be guided and cheered on to grow personally and professionally.
House and pet sitting
We actively encourage all of our team members to go Housesitting whenever possible, offering stipends and flexible working opportunities to help make this happen.
Part of the family
Find a rescue pet to join your family, and we'll cover the adoption fees, as well as pawternity to help any pet settle into their new home.
Health and wellbeing
We offer "Simply Health" to all employees, offering paid cover for various medical appointments and treatments, including dental. Our team are trusted, and we all work remotely and flexibly to times that suit us.
Tech and Tools
TrustedHousesitters has a MacBook Pro for every team member and an annual budget for improving your home office.
Fun and games
We have regular company and team social events, both online and in-person, which gives our remote team an opportunity to connect and celebrate our successes.
TrustedHousesitters is a global marketplace disrupting pet care and travel industries. We connect a community of home and pet owners with sitters to solve a common two-sided problem - pet care and cost-effective travel. Customers join for one annual fee. After that, sits take place as a trust-based, money-free exchange that sees owners enjoy worry-free travel while our sitters enjoy the company of pets and unlock a world of unique accommodation.
We enjoy exceptional customer retention rates driven by the fact that our owners and sitters realise the amazing value and incredible experiences we can facilitate.
We're fully in scale-up mode and have grown to be the only global platform of its kind. In the last few years, we’ve consistently achieved high year-on-year growth, and have remained resilient throughout the COVID-19 crisis. The USA has become our biggest market, followed by the UK and Australia.
We made the transition to a remote-first business in March 2020 and haven’t looked back. We now have a distributed team across the UK and Brazil. We host quarterly, all expenses paid, company events in Brighton.
We are transforming the pet care and travel landscape. We believe we offer the best solution and our team is united by our commitment to delivering an enriching experience for our customers and having a positive impact on the lives of their pets.