Zepz is the group powering two leading global remittance brands: WorldRemit and Sendwave. Since 2010, we have been disrupting an industry previously dominated by offline legacy players with our relentless focus to reduce the cost of remittances and increase safety and convenience for our users. Every day, our people work to unlock the prosperity of cross-border communities through finance and technology - driven by our vision of a world that celebrates migrants’ impact on prosperity, at home and abroad.
Our brands helped cross-border communities send over $15bn from 50 countries to recipients in 130 countries in 2022. We operate over 5,000 money transfer corridors worldwide and employ over 1,600 people globally. Zepz is a remote-first employer, with team members located across six continents.
Our vision is to create a world that celebrates migrants’ impact on prosperity, at home and abroad. Our purpose is to unlock the prosperity of cross-border communities through finance and technology.
- We act like owners - We are relentlessly delivering for our users and spending money thoughtfully.
- We embrace embarrassing honesty - We function best when we're open and honest with one another — especially about our challenges and doubts.
- We have a bias to action - We get to first outcomes quickly, iterate and learn.
- We strive to be better - We may make mistakes, but always learn from them.
- We are inclusive - to better reflect and serve our users.
About the role:
This role sits within the customer care operations team. As a customer service expert, the team manager oversees the escalation and complaints management procedures. This role requires strong drive in assisting customers to ensure the trust and confidence is retained. Adept at developing and establishing procedures and policies governing customer correspondence and the handling of customer complaints and ensures that the day-to-day operations and initiatives are understood and supported. Efficient at promoting and leading personal development initiatives both from an individual and team perspective during performance touchbase and reviews.
What you will own:
Reporting to the Senior Team Manager, Support, you will:
- Periodically monitor and manage team performance. Making sure the team is on course to reach all KPIs set out by the senior management team
- Assist in monitoring, reporting, and managing team performance; ensuring adherence to company policies and standards.
- Engage with key internal stakeholders to drive positive change within the team, which include process improvements, gains in efficiency, productivity, and resolution of system issues.
- Frequently coach, train and give feedback to the team members and others in the center to effectively raise engagement and support development.
- Be responsible for scheduling daily and monthly rotas to ensure all workloads are completed within agreed-upon SLAs
- Expected to be involved with project management whilst making sure all key stakeholders are consulted.
- Understand company systems and processes; ensure staff is aware of the latest updates/alerts/notifications from management.
- Handle escalated customers’ complaints either by phone or email to ensure customer’s trust is recovered and the right experience delivered
- Work closely with Escalations and Complaints Administrator to ensure accuracy of relevant data and information that needs to be published to the higher leadership team.
- Coordinate with key stakeholders and senior leadership team with regards to escalations and complaints processes and how it affects them.
- Maintain a positive team spirit, support teamwork, and inspire others; continuously act as a role model.
- Collaborate with different departments on any forecasted risks and issues relating to customer escalations and complaints.
What you bring to the table:
- College level
- 2 to 4 years of supervisory experience working in customer service field
- Experience in handling escalations and complaints
- Flexibility to work onsite
- Has strong analytical and problem-solving skills with excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
What we offer you:
Please note that the benefits below do not apply to part-time, contractor or temporary roles.
We have five core benefits for our talent in the US, UK, Philippines, Poland, and South Africa. If you're not in one of those regions, don’t worry - the Talent team can let you know what is available for you specifically:
Unlimited Annual Leave: Most Zepz team members are eligible for unlimited annual leave. Colleagues in customer-facing roles, receive a competitive holiday allowance and four recharge days a year. Feel free to make the most of your time off and maintain a healthy work-life balance!
Private Medical Cover: You can opt-in to a Private Medical Insurance scheme. This provides you with access to thorough medical coverage, so you can feel confident in your health and well-being.
Retirement: We offer pension schemes to help you plan for and secure your future.
Life Assurance: Life assurance is available to give you peace of mind and protect your loved ones in case of the unexpected..
Parental Leave: We offer competitive parental leave schemes to ensure you are spending as much quality time with your new bundle of joy as possible.
We are also remote-first as an organisation, offering flexibility for you to work where you need to be most productive. In many locations, we have workspaces, which you can use as you desire.
Most roles in the Philippines are predominately office-based, with this we offer free meals for those 100% on-site.
In addition to the above, you will discover that we have a range of secondary perks (such as the cycle-to-work scheme and employee discounts) depending on your location, to help you thrive at Zepz!
Why choose Zepz?
Our team of over 1600+ employees is fully distributed across the world. We are working from coffee shops, homes, and co-working spaces — making us one of the larger fully distributed growth-stage startups in the world but we also offer workspace in our talent cluster locations - spaces we can meet, collaborate and connect.
We are proud parents, community organizers, farmers, band members, yoga teachers, YouTube influencers, former Olympians, and serial entrepreneurs.
We collectively speak over twenty languages, including Akuapem, Amharic, Bengali, Ewe, Fante, Ga, Igbo, Kalenjin, Luganda, Oromo, Somali, Swahili, Wolof, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Irish, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Maltese, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish and Swedish.
At Zepz, embodying our commitments binds us together. We are collectively passionate about striving to achieve our vision and purpose - to continue to provide the best service to our users.
Ready to apply?
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If interested, please submit your resume along with a cover letter (optional), highlighting why your experience demonstrates you meet the requirements of the role. Please also indicate the countries in which you have work authorization. While Zepz supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skills.
At Zepz we record interviews using Metaview (https://metaview.ai). It helps us become better interviewers by recording and transcribing our interviews, and ensures we interview candidates in a fair & consistent manner. It is not required. Please let us know if you’d like to opt out of the use of Metaview - this will not affect the outcome of your interview.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Zepz is a place where everyone can thrive.
So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, and if at all you might need any form of support to make the process as comfortable as possible, please let us know and give us a shot by applying. We want you to be excited to wake up to make an impact every day.