At Poppy’s we are on a mission to give people the funeral they want, need and can feel proud of. We prioritise choice, flexibility and access to information, ensuring our clients are empowered to make the decisions that are right for them. We believe a meaningful funeral can be immensely powerful and we’ll do everything we can to make this happen.
We are looking for a driven and commercially-minded Business Development Manager to help us grow Poppy’s across London. This is a perfect role for someone who thrives on creating valuable relationships that convert into new business and who wants to do it for a purpose-led scale up. The successful applicant will work initially from our headquarters in Tooting, South London, and be part of the team setting up our new location also in South London.
Salary: £40,000 per annum plus performance related bonus up to £10k available during the contract
Term: This is a fixed term contract for 18 months.
During your time with us, you will,:
- Work collaboratively with our Head of Marketing on how we activate our strategy into a plan that drives a healthy pipeline of client (customer) leads through direct relationships
- Research, build and grow meaningful relationships with relevant individuals and groups who are likely to require our services in the near future or who influence those making these decisions; this will be a broad mix ranging from local community and interest groups to hospices, celebrants and faith leaders.
- Make a demonstrable and measurable contribution to creating new funeral sales in the short and long term, reporting to our leadership team on your progress
- Develop a programme of educational content, events and other initiatives that help us build these relationships whilst educating people on what great death care looks like.
- Help manage our new marketing CRM system
- Help us drive overall brand awareness of Poppy’s within our local community and amongst relevant groups across London
- Deliver local marketing initiatives to support the launch of our new location
- Provide a physical presence in our new location, working alongside the Client Support Adviser as a first point of contact for walk-in clients
This is a fixed term contract to enable us to assess the viability of this role and its contribution to our business growth. There is the potential to extend to a permanent role should the post demonstrate strong returns.
We are looking for someone who is / has:
- Proven record at driving sales
- Ability to build meaningful and persuasive relationships
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills
- Independent and proactive
- Tenacious and driven
- Creative and imaginative when developing new routes to build business
- Empathetic and shares our mission to make great death care expected and accessible to everyone
The finer details:
- Term: 18 month fixed term contract
- Salary: £40,000 basic per annum
- Bonus: £10,000 available across the 18 month contract.
- Location: Initially from our head-quarters in Tooting, South London, eventually moving to our new location also in South London. You will be expected to spend at least one day a month on the front line doing practical work and helping out at funerals to ensure you remain connected to our work
- Team: you’ll work pretty autonomously in a busy, thriving team.
- Reporting: you’ll report to the Head of Marketing
- Holidays: 33 days pro rata (including BHs).