Are you an experienced tech-savvy Learning Content Designer / Instructional Designer? Are you passionate about producing meaningful learning experiences for the care and nursing sector? Are you ready to embrace a new journey of discovery and contribute to an exciting new product with huge ambitions?
At Florence, we’re on a mission to be the number one tech provider for health and social care staffing. Florence is one of the UK’s fastest-growing healthcare tech specialists, founded by an NHS doctor with an ambition to transform care with people-first technology. Our app empowers health and social care teams; helping thousands of nurses, carers and organisations take control of their work and learning every day.
We are a growing team of 200+ with offices across the UK including London, Birmingham, and Glasgow, and France, Canada, and Germany, internationally. This is an exciting time to be joining a fast-growing, mission-led company that makes a real difference to the lives of people receiving care.
Florence Academy is our custom-built learning and development platform. Florence Academy provides digital learning opportunities to the global adult social care and nursing sector. You will be joining as an integral part of our small but mighty learning content team.
The Learning Content Designer will be responsible for:
- Collaborating with Head of Digital Learning to set up an SME process
- End-to-end development of learning experiences
- Working with social and health care SMEs to develop ideas
- Researching and developing learning content ideas and programmes
- Writing course content, creating course structures, building micro-learning, creating voice-over scripts, and more
- Maintaining and improving our current catalogue of courses
- Contributing to continuously improving our design process
- Advocating on behalf of the learner to create learner-centric materials
- Working with external providers to create story-filled scenario-based learning opportunities
- Designing and building visual learning assets where needed
- Project management
- A curious problem-solver who questions everything
- A self-starter with a growth mindset
- An agile and flexible approach
- An ability to embrace the adventure and question the status quo
- An all-round expert in learning design, willing to jump in with both fit
- Experience in design and rapid-authoring
- General working knowledge of LMS / LXP concepts
- A skilled writer
- An eye for design
- Consultation skills
- Experience in the care or nursing sector a bonus
Equal opportunities at Florence
We promote an environment for our staff and app users that welcomes people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, races, religions, genders, sexual identities, abilities, and personal circumstances, in a spirit of inclusivity and belonging.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, and believe we find our strength in our diversity. If you require any accommodation to assist you in the interview process, please submit this with your enquiry.
We offer competitive salaries within a flexible, empathetic and highly collaborative working environment. If you are motivated by the prospect of a career with a forward-thinking tech company committed to inclusion, we’d love to hear from you.
- 25 days holiday (pro-rata) + 8 Bank holidays and holiday rollover / buy more holiday scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Learning budget with Learnerbly
- Private Healthcare
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity
- Opportunity to contribute to growth in an early-stage startup
- Fun, friendly and collaborative startup office environment
- Regular company and social outings