TO APPLY, PLEASE GO TO OUR WEBSITE HERE.
Contract type: Permanent
Who it reports to: Director of Development, Communications & Engagement
Salary: £49,500- £59,000 +8% pension contribution (pay award pending)
Deadline for applications: Monday 10th April at 9 a.m.
Interview dates: from Friday 14th April
Location: Hybrid – London E1/Home
ShareAction’s London office is based in Aldgate East. As we emerge from the Covid-19 pandemic we will be exploring the best hybrid working culture for the organisation but expect to continue to offer remote working as far as possible, with office space available in London for those who wish to use it.
The Civil Society Engagement team focuses on building the power of CSOs and individual citizens to understand, engage with, and influence, the financial system to invest responsibly. We encourage and support engagement with and through our campaigns and activism, as well as by supporting individuals to understand and manage the impacts of their own assets and investments on our planet and its people.
Reporting to the Director of Development, Communications and Engagement, the newly created role of Head of Civil Society Engagement will be responsible for building out existing strong work with CSOs and individuals. You will also, through effective strategy development, design and build out new work streams to reach new audiences and to deliver growing impact on the financial system, particularly around mobilising retail investors to invest responsibly.
You’ll work closely with the other directorate heads (fundraising and communications) and with delivery heads and teams across the organisation to find and build synergies, establish priorities and maximise impact.
What you’ll do
- Lead on the development and delivery of ShareAction’s short to medium-term strategy in relation to its work with individual and CSOs. The post holder will champion organisation-wide cross team collaboration, identifying and nurturing synergies across the directorate and organisation to maximise impact.
- Ensure that appropriate resources and relevant tools are in place to achieve strong outcomes in line with the strategy adopted and to assess progress.
- Lead on work with colleagues in the fundraising team to deliver compelling bids and applications that resource the work of the team.
- Support fundraising colleagues to provide exceptional relationship management of donors, including the delivery of timely reports on progress.
- Lead on work with colleagues in the communications team to support delivery of the civil society engagement business plan objectives and amplify its work. Be the champion for this type of ShareAction stakeholder engagement at external events.
- Translate the strategy into the annual planning cycle, setting with the team realistic but ambitious KPIs, managing workflow and outputs, monitoring and minimising risks, and reporting regularly back on progress to the Director of Development, Communications and Engagement.
- Lead on the development and successful delivery of cross team and cross organisational working to streamline and maximise relationships and generate meaningful and mutually beneficial activity.
- Lead on the development, with input from the team, of new relationships and initiatives both with CSOs and in the retail investment sector, developing and trialling partnership concepts and making recommendation for adoption where appropriate.
- Represent ShareAction externally at relevant events and act as a spokesperson when required.
- Ensure a sufficient level of technical expertise within the team, on campaigning, activism and organising, and maintain an up-to-date knowledge of emerging RI themes and on developments in the retail investing sector.
- Take responsibility for the growth and professional development of team members, enabling individuals to progress in their careers.
- Work with peers at Head level across ShareAction to support leadership within the organisation.
What you’ll bring to the team
- Experience of building, managing and leading a high performing team. based on mutual trust, respect and inclusion. The ability to contribute to a range of teams confidently, understanding and owning the priorities of other colleagues.
- Exceptional relationships skills; the ability to understand a range of priorities and perspectives and negotiate solutions with respect and diplomacy both internally and externally.
- Highly collaborative, with experience of managing a range of nuanced stakeholder relations for mutual benefit and mission impact.
- Ability to build out and deliver effective plans to identify, engage, recruit and manage diverse stakeholder groups both online and in person.
- Experience of creating mutually beneficial strategic partnerships with aligned groups to achieve agreed outcomes.
- Excellent knowledge of the Civil Society space in the UK.
- Working knowledge of the retail investment space.
- A strong strategic thinker with the ability to make valuable connections and translate strategy into effective plans, as well as contribute to delivery as necessary.
- Experience of digital campaigning and mobilisation, particularly around less immediately emotive concepts.
- Experience of creating and delivery Cause Related Marketing partnerships for NGOs.
- Knowledge of, or experience in, ESG or responsible investment and/or its regulation at UK/EU level.
- Knowledge of the European CSO landscape.
What we will do for you:
- Working at ShareAction is an opportunity to help make a difference tackling some of the world’s biggest social and environmental challenges.
- We offer opportunities for you to develop your skills and experience in a friendly, flexible and supportive working environment.
ShareAction values and respects all differences in people (seen and unseen) and welcomes applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries. We are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities and so if you are not 100 percent sure that you meet all the requirements but believe you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and use the application questions to tell us about your experience and what you hope to bring to this role.
We have a London office and we actively encourage staff to work in ways that best suit their needs and our flexible working policy outlines many of the options available - such as part-time and term-time working, job sharing, home working and working compressed hours. Please talk to us at the interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
Please note that to be considered for this post you must be legally eligible to work in the UK. Due to current restrictions we are unable to hire anyone that isn’t already living in the UK.
Due to our size we are unable to sponsor visas.