Collections Team Lead
Operations Centre, Maidstone, Kent
Salary: 40K per annum + share options + wonderful benefits
Lendable is on a mission to make consumer finance amazing: faster, cheaper, and friendlier.
We’re building one of the world’s leading fintech companies and are off to a strong start:
- One of the UK’s newest unicorns with a team of >200 people
- Among the top 10 fastest-growing tech companies in the UK
- Profitable since 2017
- Backed by top investors including Balderton Capital and Goldman Sachs
- Loved by customers with the best reviews in the market (4.9/5 across 10,000s of reviews)
So far, we’ve rebuilt the Big Three consumer finance products from scratch: loans, credit cards and car finance. We get money into our customers’ hands in minutes instead of days.
We’re growing fast, and there’s a lot more to do: we’re going after the two biggest Western markets (UK and US) where trillions worth of these are held by big banks with dated systems and painful processes.
About the role
We’re expanding our collections capabilities so we can better support our customers when they find themselves in financial difficulties.It’s part of our commitment to deliver the best outcomes for our customers, whatever their situation.
Working partly in the office, and partly from home, you’ll be leading a team of up to 12 colleagues, having great conversations with our customers when they’re struggling to make payments, understanding their individual situations and tailoring solutions to help them continue their relationships with Lendable.
Our operation in Maidstone is brand new and we expect it to grow rapidly this year, so there will be great potential to progress your career with Lendable.
Your team’s objectives
Contact customers over the phone or by email who are in arrears with their Lendable account
Provide tailored solutions to help get customers back on track
Identify opportunities for product and process improvement to better serve customers whatever their situation
Identify and support customers who may be vulnerable
Log and, where possible, investigate and provide a resolution to customer complaints
How you’ll impact those objectives
You’ll spend most of your time leading your team and helping them improve. That means side-by-side coaching, giving feedback, identifying training needs and supporting them when things go wrong
You’ll identify opportunities to improve processes and deliver change where you can or involve other teams where systems changes or wider consultation is needed
You’ll identify themes emerging from quality monitoring and address them
What do you need to succeed in this role
Coaching skills are key to success in this role. You’ll be confident in delivering feedback, good or bad, and supportive in helping colleagues identify ways to improve
You will bring great energy to your role, treating every interaction with a colleague as the most important of your day
You’ll be resilient to knock-backs and be able to stay positive
Ideally, you’ll have previous experience as a Collections Team Leader or in another customer-facing role
The interview process
We’re not a corporate so we try our best to get things moving as quickly as possible. For this role we’d expect:
- A quick phone call with one of the team
- A number of interviews and a role-play, all taking place on the same day
- The opportunity to meet some of the team you’ll be working with
Life at Lendable (also check out our Glassdoor page)
- The opportunity to scale up one of the world’s most successful fintech companies
- Best-in-class compensation including equity
- You will be given all the necessary tools to excel at your job (think brand-new mac)!
- Our core office days are Tuesday to Thursday, you can work from the comfort of your home on other days.
- We care for our Lendies' well-being both physically and mentally so we opt for the highest coverage when it comes to private health insurance
- Free amazing lunches on the days you are in the office, organised by our People Team
- Our new pension scheme will help you feel better about your financial future
- We organise an annual trip with the whole company, to celebrate our milestones and reflect on our achievements
- We're an equal opportunity employer and are looking to make Lendable the most inclusive and open workspace in London