Trouva is the leading platform to discover independent boutiques and brands offering customers a curated range of homewares, fashion and lifestyle. Launched in 2015, Trouva is headquartered in London and partners with over 700 independent boutiques across Europe, shipping to 38 countries worldwide.
In December 2022, Trouva was acquired by Re:store, to help bridge the gap between online and offline for independent retailers. The acquisition of Trouva comes at a pivotal moment for Re:store as it plans to integrate its social commerce technology with the marketplace, for use by independent retailers. The integration will further advance personalised consumer experiences between the retailers and their global customer base via Trouva.
As a Product Designer at Trouva, you will help solve complex design problems and use your design skills to help shape our product experience. You will proactively dig deep to identify opportunities, build, test and validate solutions, working side-by-side with Product Managers, User Researchers, and multi-disciplinary squads to build new and exciting video-first social commerce features whilst supporting core eCommerce platform and services, which include Trouva.com, retail panel, logistics, payments, and more.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to get their hands dirty, expand their skills and work on products driven by discovery and inspiration.
- You’ve helped ship problem-solving products into the hands of real users. (We want to see a portfolio of work that outlines the problem, the process you applied, and the output of that process.)
- Strong visual and interaction design skills. You love creating work that is beautiful, but not at the expense of functionality.
- You appreciate the end-to-end product development process: creating prototypes for user research, refining detailed UI designs, iterating based on engineering and business feedback, support user acceptance testing and feature rollout
- Use Figma to prototype and design for mobile and PC, as well as create low and high-fidelity mockups. You know when to be scrappy and when to hone in on the details.
- You can articulate your design decisions with confidence, clarity, and openness to feedback.
- You are ready to learn. You are driven to continually improve and make things better.
- Preferably based in Lisbon, Portugal or London, UK
In this role, you’ll:
- Collaborate with others. You partner with Product and User Research to be the voice of the customer and work with Engineers to build meaningful, and delightful experiences.
- Own your work. You utilise design to come up with simple solutions to complex problems and take the initiative to understand the success of your work, and identify areas for improvement
- Continuously iterate. You know when to move forward and when to iterate and initiate change based on user feedback, metrics, and instinct.
- Be autonomous. We encourage you to make things better and take ownership of opportunities. At Trouva, we believe in empowering everyone to take charge.
- Elevate design. You liaise and co-create with others by sharing your work, getting feedback, participating in design critiques, and adding to our UI toolkit.
- Communicate your work. You know how to bring people into your process and can get them excited about your work.
- Competitive salary and share options in one of the UK’s most exciting startups. Equity is very important to us - we want you to be a shareholder in the company so you are part of the upside if we're successful together
- 25 days of holiday, plus applicable bank holidays
- Flexible, remote working policy with occasional in-person team meets in Lisbon
- Competitive Maternity, Paternity and Adoption leave policies
- Need tech or equipment? We'll provide you with what you need to get the job done
- Unlimited staff discount on all Trouva products and a Trouva gift card to get something awesome for your desk