SENIOR MOTION DESIGNER
LONDON, UK (Hybrid Working)
A benchmarked salary between £41,040 to £47,520 based on your level within our progression framework. You can read more about our approach to performance, salary, and progression here.
👋 Who we are
Born Social is a global social media agency that brings social-first thinking to the brands of tomorrow.
For the last 10 years, we’ve helped brands navigate and harness the chaos of social bringing method to the madness. From household names like Guinness, Dettol, and Uber to the next generation of big brands like Nando's and Fever-Tree.
We're an ambitious team of over 100 people across the UK, Spain, France, Portugal & Germany and not stopping there. We're growing fast and so we're looking for another Senior Motion Designer to join our team and come work on a global automotive brand looking to redefine its approach to social.
We believe in adding real business value to our clients. Work that is tied closely to account strategy and often tasked with getting people to take action. We are not a table of passive designers, rather a group of social media strategists with an arsenal of creative skills. A diverse, multi-skilled bunch, made up of copywriters, photographers, animators, and designers who work incredibly hard and always think social first. If you’re the kind of person who genuinely gets a buzz from being smart in the social space, then you're going to fit right in.
✏️ What you'll be doing:
- Translating a client’s objectives into effective, entertaining social-first content that is specifically aimed at achieving measurable results.
- Working alongside the rest of our Design & Studio leaders to standardise, improve and support the output of motion design of Born Social through execution, teaching, process, and critique.
- Working with the wider Senior team to effectively troubleshoot current account issues and supporting scoping and delivery of one-off projects within motion design.
- Running team sessions alongside fellow Senior Motion Designers that improve the Creative team’s understanding and delivery of motion design.
- Supporting professional development plans of motion designers with feedback, tasks, and one-on-one sessions.
- Constantly reviewing the motion design process to understand where ways of working changes can be made and finding new solutions to help the teamwork more efficient.
- Reviewing ways of working and implementing solutions to streamline processes in creative and motion design.
👀 Who we're looking for:
A talented Senior Motion Designer with 4+ years of agency or in-house experience,you live and breathe social, know how to create social-first assets and want to work on a variety of different clients across all sectors.
- A passion for leadership, with experience leading a small team
- You're capable of taking strategy and executing it in social-first, show-stopping ways, with a keen eye for detail and intrigue
- You’re passionate about motion design and aware of the latest trends and innovations.
- The Adobe Suite is your bread and butter. Particularly in After Effects, Premiere Pro, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Experience in additional software such as Red Giant and Cinema 4D or equivalent are valued bonuses
- You love brands and social media: you're fascinated by brands, and how they market themselves and use social media to do this. You are naturally curious about the developments of the digital world and excited by its potential.
- You can write compelling, unique social copy for a range of different audiences
- You're confident, vocal and professional, comfortable pitching ideas presenting in front of clients and attending shoots.
✌️ Our values:
Our values aim to pinpoint the magic ingredients for us at our best. We look for people who share our values and can add to our culture.
See Challenge as Opportunity... is about our attitude and to be very clear, this is not a value of optimism, nor is it about loving every challenge.
Say It Simply... is how we communicate. Think of the basic rules of communication - honest, clear, confident.
Do What You Say... is the crux of our reputation and longevity. When you join Born Social, our trust is fully given. It is yours to lose.
Make Each Other Better... is about our culture of collaboration and commitment to development. We are only as good as the people around us so we all take responsibility for developing each other, as well as ourselves.
Consciously Contribute...is bigger than all the others. It ensures we grow right. It broadens our focus beyond Born Social and cements our commitment to doing what’s just, not what’s easy or immediately self-serving.
💙 Everyone's welcome:
We celebrate different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds here at Born Social. As an equal opportunities employer, we believe in the power of an inclusive and representative team. We welcome applications regardless of race, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, political affiliation, family, or parental status. We don’t simply comply with the Equality Act, we go further and take pride in building a stronger and more creative work environment, committed to inclusion, diversity, and representation.