So Energy was created in 2015 because we know there’s never a good reason to have a bad experience with your energy provider. Since then our renewable energy business has grown rapidly, with over 300,000 customers and 300+ So Energist and we aren’t done. Our next goal is to supply renewable energy to 1 million UK customers by the end of 2026 and we are going to succeed in that mission by leveraging technology, remaining customer-centric and hiring people with a passion for sustainability.
If you're thinking of joining us then your timing couldn't be more perfect. In late 2021 So Energy joined forces with ESB Energy to become the UK’s next big green energy supplier.
Our People - So Energists
Whether you are helping our customers gain energy independence through solar panelling and EV charges or delivering best-in-class customer service to one of our renewable energy customers there are six things all So Energists have in common, our Values:
Who are we looking for?
This is not your average customer care role. An ideal candidate is someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, works well within a team and is passionate about what they do. You should enjoy working in a target driven environment where you will be rewarded through a performance bonus for delivering an exceptional customer experience. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are key; both when interacting with our customers, as well as with fellow team members. We’re looking for an enthusiastic person that can work at speed and to KPIs without compromising on the quality of experience they deliver to the customer.
As our customers’ first point of contact, you’ll be the friendly voice of So Energy, answering questions about our products and services and providing world-class customer service, troubleshooting and support. We’ll rely on you to listen to our customers and use your expertise, creativity, and passion to meet their needs — and remind them that behind our great products are amazing people, ensuring that we continue to deliver our 5* rated customer service. Where possible our customer care team take a proactive approach to identify issues and problems before they arise, taking ownership of the issues and resolving them quickly. You'll spend your time speaking to customers over the phone and working across an omni-channel customer service platform that may sometimes require you to work on email and web chat.
- Click Apply; You know you want to.
- Complete the Assessment and submit your Video Interview: The Assessment will take about 30 mins to complete and your video interview will take no longer than 15 mins
- Attend a Customer Care selection day: This is a one-day event held in our London Office where we get to know more about you and you get to learn all about us.
- A salary of £25,500 plus up to 10% performance-related bonus
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, and an extra day holiday for your birthday
- Last Friday of each month nibbles and drinks in the office
- Work three days from home after your probation period (download speed of 20mbps and upload speed of 11mbps required)
- Great reward and recognition
- Join a unique culture that embraces peoples ideas and fosters collaboration across the business
- Use of the Hastee platform to access some of your pay in a pinch
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity leave
- Access to Perkbox+ including the Wellness Hub
- Life assurance 4x base salary
At So Energy, our employees are just as important to us as our customers. We will provide training and support your development throughout your career. We want our Customer Care Advisors to be leading the teams in the future as we both grow together.
Working hours: 08:30 - 19:00 Monday to Friday with shifts being 08:30 - 17:30 and 10:00 - 19:00. We are also open on Saturdays 08:30 - 17:30 for email and web chat enquiries only, so you can work these shifts from home.
Our Customer Care Advisors are curious investigators, problem solvers and good listeners. Are you? Do you like the way it feels when you help others?
So Energy cares about helping the energy industry become a much more diverse and inclusive environment and we work hard to lead by example. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and building an inclusive environment for all. As an equal opportunity employer, there are also several steps we take to accommodate candidates and employees with disabilities including additional time on tests during the interview process and specialist equipment for those employees that require it.
If you are interested in finding out more please apply, make sure to complete all the questions to the best of your ability and attached an up to date version of your CV.