*this role is open to remote working within the UK. Successful candidates will be required to travel to their closest UNiDAYS campus (London or Nottingham) on occasion.
The role in a nutshell
As a key member of our Platform team, this role presents an exciting opportunity to be part of taking cloud strategy and infrastructure automation to the next level within UNiDAYS.
You will be working closely alongside our architecture & development teams. With a hands-on approach, you will identify and drive improvements in performance, reliability, scalability, security and help build a new modern UNiDAYS platform.
As the organisation grows, we are constantly developing new features & shared tooling for our teams, whilst catering for increasing scale and improved performance.
Our platform team works to remove the barriers for other teams and allow them to deliver fast. This is accomplished via a new modern platform as well as providing teams shared tooling. We are also championing operational excellence throughout the business with a focus on automation and self-servicing processes.
We’re aware that everybody is different and comes with differing experiences. If you don’t have all the skills/experience in our list but are keen to learn, please reach out as we are still keen to talk to you.
Day to day responsibilities
- Create, test, and implement cloud services via IaC
- Identify new technologies & drive infrastructure improvements across cloud estate
- Completing BAU tasks - account changes, updates, user permissions, base infrastructure changes, patching, supporting other engineering teams
- Monitor existing platform performance & Identify areas for improvement
- Work with architects and wider stakeholders to improve our platform for customers, internally & externally
- Work to continually define, improve, implement & document best practices
- Maintain & encourage secure, compliant and efficient practices
- Participate with On-call
What we need from you
- Strong cloud knowledge including hands-on experience in a wide range of cloud services
- Strong IaC background (Cloudformation & Terraform Preferred), application deployment strategies & cloud architectural patterns
- Kubernetes experience with production level clusters across a number of environments
- Working knowledge of security, networking, virtualization, load balancing, and storage solutions
- Good knowledge of CI/CD practices across multiple environments
- Scripting knowledge with hands on experience in python or bash/shell
We've accomplished a lot since we started in 2011, but in many ways, this is just the beginning. This is the chance for you to get in on ground zero. An opportunity to make a difference within the business with global reach. We are the world’s largest Student Affinity Network, with over 22 million verified members in 115 markets including the US, UK, Germany, India, Canada and Australia. We work with 800 of the world’s biggest brands globally, taking their products and services into the hearts and minds of tomorrow’s professionals, delivering engagement, building affinity and sales. You’ll also be working for a Great Place to Work CertifiedTM company who have been recognised on the UK’s Best WorkplacesTM for Wellbeing and UK's Best Workplaces for Women 2022 list. To find out more about our workplace initiatives, see our UK exclusive case study with Great Place to Work and be sure to visit our profile for more information.
We offer a fast paced, fun & social working environment where you can truly make an impact. We believe that work should enhance and complement your life which is why we leave it up to you to decide where you work. You can choose to work from your assigned campus (either Nottingham or London) or from home, whatever works best for your individual needs. Your manager may request you attend team meet ups at your campus but other than that it is up to you! We work hard at UNiDAYS, but we also believe in fair compensation for hard work. That's why we're pleased to offer all employees full access to our comprehensive benefits package.
Our perks include:
- 25 days holiday per year increasing with length of service, plus flexible bank holidays
- Competitive salaries
- 4pm finishes every Friday
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Private health insurance (Vitality)
- Income protection policy
- Life assurance policy
- Employee Assistance Program
- Enhanced parental leave pay
- Core hours with flexibility around how/when you manage your time
- Regular team building activities
- The latest tech and hardware will be supplied from day one
- Good Vibes Program: we know we’ve all had to adapt to new ways of working and UNiDAYS has always taken pride in the community we’ve created in the office but we’re just as committed to creating an innovative approach to fostering connections and improving engagement outside of the office! We want to boost your remote working experience so think virtual parties, pottery classes, wellness classes and guest speakers just to name a few!
- Support for home working for all new team members. We will help assess your home set up and you can expense £150 towards any additional furniture you may need to be safe and comfortable when working from home
About our Product & Engineering team
The driving force behind this fantastic tech business are the talented Product and Engineering team, who work collaboratively to ensure that UNiDAYS stays one step ahead of the competition, with the ultimate goal of giving students the power to make every experience more valuable and rewarding.
The Product and Engineering teams at UNiDAYS are comprised of a bunch of passionate people who work in a fun, fast paced and social environment. Everyone is equal and encouraged to work with each other, whilst having the autonomy to solve problems in the best way they see fit.
The UNiDAYS tech team are passionate about the local Tech Community, hosting and sponsoring local meet ups and hack events. Career development is an important facet of the UNiDAYS tech experience.
Listen to the episode on The Diverse Podcast here: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/47-how-to-build-your-dream-career-in-tech/id1515585546?i=1000587931714
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.