About the company
Standing on Giants is the world’s first agency for businesses that want to build a brand-owned, online community. We empower businesses to build thriving online communities that put their customers at the centre of everything they do. Born from the team that created the revolutionary community-led model at mobile disruptor giffgaff, Standing on Giants now works with leading businesses like Airbnb, O2, Tesco Bank and Utilita, helping them launch successful communities that deliver real results. We are Khoros Kudos award-winners in 2020, recognising our work as Best-In-Class.
We are proud to be the first online community company to attain B Corp Certification, meaning we ascribe to the highest standards of environmental and social responsibility. As a company, our vision is a world where business works for the benefit of people and the planet, not just profit, powered by trusting and collaborative communities. As a result, it’s important that we take active steps towards this every day in our work. Our people are, therefore, of central importance. We have a range of employee benefits to enable you to do your job to the best of your ability and we pride ourselves on our supportive, open environment and shared efforts to keep our working practices as sustainable as possible.
About the role
We are looking for a bilingual community manager with project management experience to take on a new role within our core team. The ideal candidate for this job must possess a strong sense of adaptability. They will be able to adjust to new situations, work in different environments, and be open to change.
Firstly you’ll be managing some of the world-class brand communities when our in-house community managers are away, for the likes of Legion by Lenovo and Airbnb. As a Community Manager, you will implement the Online Community Strategy by managing the daily activities of the Client’s online community. You will ensure that the community is a safe and healthy environment for its members and you will facilitate engagement in line with the Community purpose. You’ll need to be able to use your community management knowledge to quickly slot into existing teams and hit the ground running, taking the initiative and working well alongside others.
Secondly, you’ll be working alongside key members of our core team to implement varied projects across our methodology, data, product offering and operations. Comfortable with process and metrics, you’re someone who thrives in using data to inform decision-making, and you’re comfortable coordinating between people, tasks and deliverables across different workstreams.
You will be hard-working and quick to learn. Highly self-motivated – you’re the kind of person who’s always striving to do better. If you have an open, honest and collaborative approach to your job, you’ll fit right in.
- Pick up the responsibility of running a community on a daily basis in line with SoG community management methodology, creating a safe and healthy environment for members and facilitating engagement in line with the defined strategy
- Act as an advocate of the brand in the community, as well as an advocate of the community within the brand, engage in dialogues with members and answer questions where appropriate, providing a superior quality of support to the community
- Deal and effectively communicate with community members during unpredictable situations, time-bound community projects, or deal with abusive behaviour by applying SoG’s methodology for member education.
- Monitor and analyse community performance to ensure agreed KPIs are being met and assist with the creation of regular quantitative and qualitative reports on the community’s progress for the Client.
- Focus on achieving business results by effectively managing a variety of projects that contribute to the company’s success. These projects represent opportunities for our business to develop new products, troubleshoot problems or launch initiatives designed to reduce operational costs, optimise processes and reinforce community methodology.
- Evaluate project flow, and conduct regular meetings to keep projects on track. Ensure project milestones and deadlines are met.
- Operate with a sense of urgency, accuracy, and detail orientation, while maintaining consistent lines of communication with all teams involved in each project.
- Scope and prioritise activities based on constantly evolving priorities, and effectively balance the two sides to this role.
- Fluent in English & two of either French, Spanish, German or Italian, with excellent communication skills especially in writing, including editing and content creation
- Outstanding engagement skills including promoting productive behaviours, being relentlessly positive and effectively managing conflicts.
- Great communication, listening and influencing skills; high emotional intelligence.
- A strong understanding of the online community space.
- Proven project management and organisational skills including the ability to deal with multiple initiatives at the same time. Flexible and able to prioritise.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to research information to provide answers.
- Self-motivated, with a problem-solving attitude and the ability to take the initiative and work independently.
- Experience in dealing with metrics and KPIs to make data-driven decisions.
- Experience dealing with stakeholders or high-value leaders in a fast-moving environment.
Nice to have
- Knowledge of other European languages.
- Technical skills including knowledge of Slack, Asana, Salesforce, Google Suite and MacOS are an advantage.
- Experienced in dealing with outsourced vendors & agencies.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer, we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, colour, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive working environment.