Chess.com is one of the largest gaming sites in the world and the #1 platform for playing, learning, and enjoying chess.
We are a team of 650+ fully remote people in 60+ countries working hard to serve the global chess community. We are here to support 125M+ chess players worldwide with the best possible product, content, and tools to serve the community!
We are a tech company. A gaming company. A content company. And we do it all with passion and commitment to the game. Above all we prize our mission-driven, flat, life-celebrating, no-corporate culture, and we look forward to meeting you and learning more about what you can bring to the team.
Above all, you love chess and want to share it with the world!
You also want to learn how strategic partnerships (Business Development) works and you want to spend this summer doing a paid internship at the front lines of how Chess.com is changing the world by forging partnerships with amazing companies (from gaming giants to sports leagues and large consumer platforms, etc.)
You may also have an interest in subscription businesses, consumer platforms and media and in how Chess.com works to reinvent and grow chess every day across each of these (and other) departments.
What You’ll Do
- Provide day-to-day support to the brand partnerships team related to the execution of sponsor activations:
- Source target brands for Chess.com to engage with.
- Pre and Post Sale account management - media planning, asset deliverables, QA, & Reporting.
- Own and update pitch decks based on client feedback.
- Coordinate with internal teams - marketing, design, production, content development and sales to help support partner sponsorships
- Help with administrative and organizational tasks for the team
- Provide suggestions and ideas for key partner activations
- Degree-seeking student currently enrolled at a college or university
- Extremely organized, strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask a must
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite, including Excel, Word, & PowerPoint
- Excellent communicator and team player
- Chess player
- Lifelong learner
About the Opportunity
- This is a full-time summer internship position
- We are 100% remote (always have been, always will be)
- This is open to applicants who can work in the USA
You can learn more about us here:
We look forward to meeting you!