S&G Private Events Planner Job Spec
Sharky & George are a creative events company that specialise in immersive experiences for children and adults in the UK and overseas. With offices in Parsons Green, London and Bristol, Sharky & George employ a core team of 25 staff, supported by a party team of over 200 freelancers, who are kept very busy managing an average of two hundred events a month.
What is the Private Team at Sharky & George?
The largest part of the business is the Private Team, which organises all our most popular parties ranging from the Classic, to Chocolate Making, Survival and Mini Disco parties. We are looking for someone BRILLIANT to join this team.
A typical day will be responding to client enquiries via phone and email, sourcing products, pulling kits together, creating craft ideas, briefing team and arranging logistics. There is also potential to manage events on site.
- Regularly emailing and talking to clients on the phone to plan and deliver events for private clients
- Providing detailed costings of events in line with relevant budgets
- Careful management of budgets and margins when working on bespoke parties
- Invoicing and taking payment from clients
- Dealing with external suppliers to provide party extras such as cakes, food, venues and balloons
- Creative thinking and implementation of ideas for events
- Creating proposals on Canva for bespoke events
- Ordering, creating and pulling together kits for events
- Managing between 10-40 events a week whilst making sure that each client feels like they are your only client
- Working closely in a team of 4 event planners to ensure efficient running of all S&G private events
Experience and skills we’re looking for:
- Meticulously organised and forward thinking
- Effective time management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks/projects against tight deadlines
- Punctual and reliable with a flexible approach to work
- A ‘can do’ and proactive attitude
- Excellent phone manner and verbal communication skills
- The ability to develop good working relationships with clients and team members
- The ability to be adaptive, responsive and to problem solve whilst remaining calm under pressure and professional at all times
- Friendly, enthusiastic and personable
- Excellent IT skills, proficient on Google Docs/Sheets (skills on Canva, Monday desirable)
- Events and office experience
The role is full-time, to commence at the earliest opportunity. Salary for this role will be subject to experience (c£24-£28k). The role is predominantly London-based with some flexibility for home working, you would be joining a very friendly and hard working team of like minded party planners at an HQ filled with games, sweets, toys and cake!
- Performance based bonus
- Opt-in subsidised Healthcare Insurance
- Annual company trip (last year skiing in Italy, this year skiing in Austria)
- Regular company socials
- Enhanced maternity/paternity benefits