Want to help build a world that works better for everyone? Kin + Carta is a global digital transformation consultancy that makes a difference to the billions who now work, play, shop, communicate and share online.
Join 1,600 curious and diverse minds in connecting people, data and technology to produce amazing experiences for some of the world’s most influential companies. Become a maker, builder or creator as we explore the possibilities of sustainable digital technology, helping clients to rapidly innovate, modernise their systems, enable their teams, and optimise for continued growth.
We focus on tech but we’re a proudly inclusive business with trust and human connection at its heart. People, the planet, and profit matter equally to us which is why we’re a certified B Corporation in the United States and Europe. With additional offices in South America, there is a place for you here wherever you’re based.
The role in a nutshell:
We're looking for an experienced Content designer to join a multi-disciplinary Agile team to help deliver rapid but great quality experiences for users. You’ll play an important role for Content and Planning using your ability to design both single pieces of content to forensically outlining the content needed to support an ideal end-to-end user journey.
As a Content Designer at Kin + Carta you will be focused on human-centred design, backed by a broad knowledge of content design standards, principles and guidelines. You’re used to getting stuck in to create solutions in response to the problems, ideas and opportunities you help extract from users and partners. You drive your design decisions and rationalise them using research data, design principles, prototypes and the resulting user-testing insights. You will be most effective collaborating in multidisciplinary teams with engineers, strategists and other team members to respond to the constraints of any project.
What you can expect:
- Creating, evaluating, updating and reviewing content at all stages of the end-to-end user journey
- Responsible for managing, planning and writing accessible, inclusive and high quality content in accordance with the latest Government Digital Service (GDS) Content Design guidelines and principles
- Work with the GOV.UK Design System and style guide to develop new and existing content patterns
- Use evidence, data and research to make content decisions including layouts, hierarchies and formats to convey accurate and easy to understand information
- Ensure user needs are placed at the heart of all content design proposals, championing the user and their overall experience
- Build relationships across multi-disciplinary, agency and government teams to focus on the needs of the user and influence stakeholders
- Work closely and collaboratively with policy teams to create accessible digital consultations
The type of person we’d love to meet:
- Deep knowledge of how to use Agile to deliver progress and tangible outputs across digital platforms
- Track record of creating content that is accessible, inclusive, optimised for search engines, usable and accurate
- Proven ability to use insight and user feedback to define and improve content and user experience
- Proven experience working on GDS project to GDS framework standards
- Extensive experience of managing relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Able to apply a meticulous level of attention to detail as well as being specific and measured in approach with a focus on delivering excellence iteratively
- Be analytical and curious with the ability to find the key insight in a wide range and volume of research, reports, information and data
- Skilled in presenting and able to explain complex detail in a simple, clear and compelling way
- Organised and efficient at managing multiple projects and deadlines
- Be a self starter who is equally comfortable working alone as well as in close collaboration with team members
- Able to confidently work in a fast paced, demanding environment