London, United Kingdom (Hybrid Working)
A benchmarked salary between £49,680 to £56,160 based on your level within our progression framework. You can read more about our approach to performance, salary, and progression here.
👋 Who we are
Born Social is a global social media agency that brings social-first thinking to the brands of tomorrow.
For the last 10 years, we’ve helped brands navigate and harness the chaos of social bringing method to the madness. From household names like Guinness, Dettol, and Uber to the next generation of big brands like Nando's and Fever-Tree.
We're an ambitious team of over 100 people across the UK, Spain, France, Portugal & Germany and not stopping there. We're growing fast, and so we're looking for another Account Director to join our team and come work on a global automotive brand looking to redefine its approach to social.
Our Account Directors lead their teams to deliver industry-leading work by utilising their knowledge of social-first strategy and output and building in-depth relationships with their clients. You'll work across both retainers and project work, collaborating with all specialist roles. Alongside this you'll play a senior role in the Client Services department, setting best practices for both project delivery and our client relationships.
✏️ What you'll be doing:
- Account Leadership: Working with teams to develop the appropriate strategy and output for each client and ensuring account decisions are guided by it. Setting up teams effectively to support your pursuit of a higher standard of work. Inspiring your account teams to produce Born Social’s best work in all areas of delivery.
- Account development: Owning Senior client relationship development building and effectively identifying and communicating the value of Born Social's work. Create, communicate and deliver effective account plans that include client insight, communication and reporting to facilitate growth. Leading any pitches, proposals and scoping for additional work. Educating clients on Born’s development and thought leadership content, along with industry updates.
- Project Management: Communication about mid and long-term business and marketing plans with stakeholders beyond our immediate Points of Contact and any appointed agencies. Organising key calls, meetings (team & independent) and Quarterly Reviews. Recognising and resolving delivery or client issues or lack of results. Working alongside Senior Account Managers to review ways of working to ensure delivery feels positive for both clients and teams.
- Commercial Management: Ensuring accurate delivery of scope of work (deliverables and time) using time tracking, ensuring deliverables are of high quality and all deadlines are met. Recognising and resolving any scope or resourcing issues and leading on new resourcing requests as well as reporting on commercial performance monthly.
👀 Who we're looking for:
- You have 4+ years experience in a Client Services role in an agency setting
- You're looking to own and drive the quality of the output on an account and have a good understanding of social first delivery (strategy, creative, media and management)
- You have a good understanding of the principles of good project management and Client Services and have helped to develop this in others
- You've got experience in the commercial running of account work
- You've got a proven track record of retaining, developing and ultimately growing accounts
- You're passionate about improving client experience and love the relationship development needed to do this
- Ideally, you've got experience working with global brands, even better if they are automotive!
✌️ Our values:
Our values aim to pinpoint the magic ingredients for us at our best. We look for people who share our values and can add to our culture.
See Challenge as Opportunity... is about our attitude and to be very clear, this is not a value of optimism, nor is it about loving every challenge.
Say It Simply... is how we communicate. Think of the basic rules of communication - honest, clear, confident.
Do What You Say... is the crux of our reputation and longevity. When you join Born Social, our trust is fully given. It is yours to lose.
Make Each Other Better... is about our culture of collaboration and commitment to development. We are only as good as the people around us so we all take responsibility for developing each other, as well as ourselves.
Consciously Contribute...is bigger than all the others. It ensures we grow right. It broadens our focus beyond Born Social and cements our commitment to doing what’s just, not what’s easy or immediately self-serving.
💙 Everyone's welcome:
We celebrate different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds here at Born Social. As an equal opportunities employer, we believe in the power of an inclusive and representative team. We welcome applications regardless of race, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, political affiliation, family, or parental status. We don’t simply comply with the Equality Act, we go further and take pride in building a stronger and more creative work environment, committed to inclusion, diversity, and representation.