Perlego 6 month Internship Programme 2023
Our mission is to make learning accessible to all, so to help us achieve that goal we are launching an internship programme, opening up opportunities for people who dream big and want to change the world.
We’re not looking for someone with a specific degree or years of experience - you might be someone looking for a total career change, a recent graduate or someone who just wants to dive into something new and make an impact.
What we’re looking for is someone who cares about our mission and wants to make a real impact on the world of education and has an appetite to learn.
What you’ll get:
Why should you choose Perlego? 🤔
At Perlego we believe in the key role you will play to achieve our shared mission. You'll belong to a culture of dreamers, team players and avid learners with a flexible, value-based approach. Here, you can become your best self, and through your talent, make a real impact in the world of education.
The numbers speak for themselves:
94% of people you’ll work with are inspired by the purpose and mission of Perlego
88% of people you’ll work with feel they belong at Perlego
90% of people you’ll work with would recommend us as a great place to work
*Stats from our latest anonymous employee engagement survey
What you’ll learn
- The fundamentals of strategic planning, project management, and data analysis
- Skills in cross-functional collaboration and communication
- How to juggle competing priorities in a rapidly scaling start-up
- How to own and deliver complex projects to the highest standard
- How to work in an Agile environment
- How to develop and maintain project plans, timelines, and budget
- How to create processes and systems to help our B2B business scale and grow
- How to create automation and flows in our CRM to help drive efficiency
- How to analyse data to draw insights and inform decision-making
- How to develop strategic plans and presentations
What we do
At Perlego, there are over 100 of us working hard to make education accessible to all. In this digital age, we believe that anyone should be able to learn anything at any time. Knowledge should be more accessible, not locked behind sky-high price tags.
Over the past 5 years, our goal has been to support students across the UK & Europe to access quality books. The next stage of Perlego is twofold: 1) expand our support to students globally, and 2) build a product that goes beyond the book, a platform that helps students study smarter and more effectively.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Strategy and Operations Intern to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is interested in learning about strategic planning, project management, data analysis, execution and optimisation of business operations in a fast-paced startup environment.
The Strategy and Ops team is responsible for driving the commercial direction of our B2B business and is in constant intersection with Product, Sales and Marketing. You’ll have the opportunity to work on go-to-market strategies, collaborate on the product roadmap definition, implement new operational processes, research business models and the industry landscape and so many other really exciting projects.
What you’ll do
- Support in identifying opportunities to optimise business processes by analysing current processes, identifying bottlenecks or inefficiencies, and working with cross-functional teams to design and implement process improvements in the B2B area.
- Conduct data analysis and identify trends or insights, help develop and maintain metrics to measure the performance of strategic initiatives, track progress against targets and create dashboards or other reporting tools to monitor KPIs.
- Support with project management, including planning, execution, and monitoring of projects to ensure they are sucessful. This could involve creating project plans, coordinating with stakeholders, and tracking progress against project milestones.
- Assist in developing and refining strategic plans for the B2B area, working with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment and buy-in. You will be creating presentations, developing financial models, and conducting scenario planning exercises.
- Own the maintenance of our CRM data, improving the quality of the information available on it and working on analysis which will inform better B2B operations.
It’s perfect if you are:
- Excellent at organising and managing your time
- Strongly analytical and proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- As comfortable driving forward with a task on your own as you are working with a larger team
- Good at paying attention to detail as well as keeping the big picture in mind
- Open to feedback and always looking to learn
- Enthusiastic about how businesses work and the strategy behind them
- Always wanting to improve processes and find a way to make things more efficient
- Proficiency in HubSpot or another CRM platform is a plus!
Applications close Tuesday 30th May 2023
Start date Monday 26th June
For this role, to set you up for success and maximise your learning experience we would require you to come to our beautiful office in Holborn/Chancery Lane at least 2 days per week 🌈
The internship will last 6 months, and we are open to this role becoming permanent if everything goes well and it's a good mutual fit
Please note we are unable to offer visa sponsorship for this role.
🌈 Benefits include:
The salary for this role is £25,000 p.a. (pro-rata)
Why should you work at Perlego?
Apart from our mission, we foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication and mutual support. We’re proud of our Glassdoor reviews and the fact that 97% of our team would recommend Perlego as a place to work.
Want to learn more about how we’re making learning accessible? Check out our latest impact report
Hybrid set up between our beautiful Holborn office and a bit of home working. As this is an intern role, we want to spend as much face-to-face time with you as possible so expect to spend most of your time in the office.
🧠 L&D Budget
We value continuous learning, you will get £250 during your internship to spend on the training of your choice
🌱 Unlimited Coaching Opportunities
Unlimited access to MoreHappi, an on-demand professional coaching platform to offer all employees access to unbiased and professional coaching opportunities.
🤓 Learning Time
All employees have dedicated Learning Time to focus on new skills, projects or interests that lay outside of their day-to-day job
🌴 Work-Life Balance
Everyone needs a break, so enjoy 30 days off (incl. bank holidays) per annum
🛐 Flexi Bank Holidays
We understand that not everyone aligns with the same calendar; we offer the flexibility to swap your UK bank holidays allowance for other religious or cultural days.
e.g. switch UK Easter Bank Holidays Days for Eid celebrations
❄️ Office Reset
All employees can also enjoy the days between Boxing Day and New Year off, to reset and refresh for the new year - this is additional to your annual leave 🙂
💛 Personal Days
Life happens and we want you to be able to use your annual leave for resting, relaxing or taking time out to do something you love!
We offer 1 additional day a year for life events (your wedding, relocation, moving house, or a child starting school).
💭 Mental Health
All employees also get access to a free counselling support service via Spill
💸 Financial Wellbeing
Track your financial goals and receive financial advice all via Mintago
We're a tight-knit bunch who enjoy our time to play. We have regular social events and activities for everyone - everything from white water rafting to board game nights.
🍼 Family time
We believe family is really important; we offer new parents a competitive matched parental leave as well as a phased return to work from extended leave (subject to qualifying conditions).
👋 Belonging at Perlego:
🌈 We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of thought and background.
❤️ We are actively building a diverse team, so we strongly encourage applications from people of colour, the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities, neurodivergent people, parents, carers, and people from lower socio-economic backgrounds.
📣 To enable an equitable experience for all and give you the best chance of success, if you have any specific requirements for any stage of the interview process, please let us know by emailing email@example.com