Job Title: Financial Crime Investigation Team Leader
Working Pattern: Monday to Friday (09:00-17:00)
Salary: Up to £42,000 and up to 20% bonus and benefits
Location: Hybrid (occasional travel to Manchester)
We’re Tandem. The UK’s fairer, greener, digital bank providing hard working people across the UK with sustainable ways to borrow and save.
With more than 500 people in London, Blackpool, Cardiff, Durham and Manchester, all working together to create a fairer, greener, more accessible bank for people across the UK.
We’re on a mission to proactively help our customers to reduce their carbon footprint and accelerate the UK to net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we need more people to help us achieve this goal.
We've taken the beliefs, behaviours, and personality and created four underpinning values. These values demonstrate our guiding principles and behaviours for everyone at Tandem. Our ambition is that these values are ingrained and always front of mind when we're engaging with our stakeholder audiences. Our values are BRAVE, ENTERPRISING, SIMPLE and TOGETHER.
We’re building an amazing team and we’re looking for an ambitious and purpose-driven Financial Crime Investigation Team Leader to join us.
You will assisting in the leadership of the Financial Crime Operations Team, reporting into the Head of Financial Crime Operations. Our team is small but experienced in all aspects of financial crime across the customer lifecycle, and is poised to expand coverage across multiple products within the Group. This expansion will provide the successful candidate with opportunities to play a fundamental role in affecting organisational change.
What you will be working on:
- Leading, motivating and managing the development of a team of financial crime professionals
- Providing coaching, feedback, and advice relating to our key tasks
- Analysing and driving improvement in team performance and monitoring and maintaining workflows and adherence to service levels
- Maintaining a culture of continuous improvement and analysing the performance of systems and controls, making recommendations for any relevant changes
- Supporting with the delivery of business change, as and when required, and communicating and embedding change within the team
- Leading in the undertaking of complex investigations and making recommendations to Tandem's Nominated Officer, where necessary
- Act as a point of contact for internal financial crime queries
- Assist in maintaining our governance framework and supporting monthly reporting to senior leaders
- Deputise for the Head of Financial Crime and represent the Financial Crime Operations Team at internal meetings
- Attend industry forums, as and when required.
What we're looking for:
- Minimum of 3 years of management experience in financial crime roles within FCA/PRA-regulated financial services firms
- Understanding of key financial crime legislation, regulation and best practice
- Experience in anti-fraud, customer screening, transaction monitoring and case management solutions
- Strong ability to analyse information, and make informed judgements
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent organisation skills
- Having a proven ability to adapt to a fast paced and continually changing environment.
Qualities we look for:
- A passion for championing the customer
- Motivated by purpose-led organisations
- High levels of personal and professional integrity
- An entrepreneurial approach with an ability to operate both at a strategic level and to be hands on
- A positive, self-sufficient leader with excellent communication skills, intellect and energy
- Very sound judgement and business instinct with a desire to challenge traditional thinking
- Highly organised with a flexible approach to working
- Communicates a compelling and inspired vision and sense of core purpose
- Determined to succeed, high energy with humility and a strong personal drive
- A collaborative working style
- A very strong work ethic and a focus on delivery
Our rewards are getting a big update, with enhancements due to land in early 2023!
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
- 1 day off for your birthday
- Electric Vehicle scheme
- Free cereal and snacks in the office
- Cycle to work scheme and a free helmet
- Perkbox for treats and discounts
- Pension contribution
- 2 days per year paid volunteering
Take part in our Green Deal
- Volunteer 2 days a week for charity > receive an early Friday finish
- Raise £200 per annum for charity > Tandem provide PR and marketing support
- Have renewable energy at home > receive an additional 1-day annual leave
- Drive a lower emissions or hybrid car > free raffle entries with the chance to win a weekend away for 2
- Drive an electric car > receive £500 towards a home charger
Recruitment at Tandem works primarily on a direct sourcing model and does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list. We are not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Tandem is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to meeting our responsibilities under the Equality Act (2010). We respect the diverse experience and talents that every individual brings to our Company, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender,