Job Title: Treasury Analyst
Working Pattern: Monday to Friday (09:00-17:00)
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 + up to 20% bonus + benefits
Location: Blackpool (hybrid working)
We’re Tandem. The UK’s fairer, greener, digital bank providing hard working people across the UK with sustainable ways to borrow and save. With more than 500 people in London, Blackpool, Cardiff, Durham, and Manchester, all working together to create a fairer, greener, more accessible bank for people across the UK.
We’re on a mission to proactively help our customers to reduce their carbon footprint and accelerate the UK to net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we need more people to help us achieve this goal.
We've taken the beliefs, behaviours, and personality and created four underpinning values. These values demonstrate our guiding principles and behaviours for everyone at Tandem. Our ambition is that these values are ingrained and always front of mind when we're engaging with our stakeholder audiences. Our values are BRAVE, ENTERPRISING, SIMPLE and TOGETHER.
Treasury Analyst – Tandem Bank
Tandem is the bank that makes the world a better place. We empower our customers to do the right thing for themselves and for the planet.
As the world adjusts to find its “new normal” we believe that people are taking a fresh look at how they use money. They want to build healthy habits that are good for their future and to use their spending power to enable a more sustainable world.
We’re on a mission to proactively help our customers to reduce their carbon footprint and accelerate the UK to net-zero carbon emissions by 2050.
The Treasury Analyst will be responsible for supporting the Bank’s Treasury Back Office Function. This includes monitoring and actioning deals undertaken by Front Office, reporting on liquidity and various metrics to ensure the Bank is managing its risk within the guidelines set by ALCo. The role will also be involved in the development of systems and controls that the Bank uses to manage its risks.
If you’re innovative, hard-working and not afraid of a challenge, we’d love to hear from you. Your voice, ideas and drive will always find a home at Tandem.
Tandem Bank’s Treasury Function is a small risk management unit whose purpose is to allow the Bank to grow safely in a controlled manner while managing its funding base in a prudent, cost efficient way. The role as Treasury Analyst will see you working with all areas of the business, giving you an unparalleled view of how a small Bank works. You will be joining the Bank at an exciting point in its evolution as it looks to grow its Balance Sheet significantly in the coming years. This growth will inevitably lead to opportunities to develop yourself quickly while becoming a leading voice in both a close-knit Treasury team and the larger Finance function.
What you will be working on:
The Treasury Analyst will be responsible for the following:
- Monitor the Treasury Management System and actioning deals undertaken by Front Office
- Preparation and submission of Daily Funding Requests
- Updating the Daily Liquidity Forecast and Weekly Liquidity Summary
- Continuous Development of the Forecasting model
- Prepare Monthly Securitisation Reporting for review including submissions to the Cash Manager, European DataWarehouse and Ratings Agencies
- Production of the Monthly Servicer Report
- Weekly Collections Reporting
- Support and maintain the autopayouts process via Access Pay
What we're looking for:
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience skills and behaviours:
- Previous experience of working in the Treasury function of a Financial Institution
- Has good knowledge of UK regulation
- Has a background in risk and control
- Strong attention to detail
- A desire to embark upon an Accounting or Treasury related professional qualification
Qualities we look for:
- High levels of personal and professional integrity
- Highly organised with a flexible approach to working
- Determined to succeed, high energy with humility and a strong personal drive
- A collaborative working style
- A very strong work ethic and a focus on delivery
Our rewards are getting a big update, with enhancements due to land in early 2023!
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
- 1 day off for your birthday
- Electric Vehicle scheme
- Cycle to work scheme and a free helmet
- Perkbox for treats and discounts
- Pension contribution
- 2 days per year paid volunteering
Take part in our Green Deal
- Volunteer 2 days a week for charity > receive an early Friday finish
- Raise £200 per annum for charity > Tandem provide PR and marketing support
- Have renewable energy at home > receive an additional 1-day annual leave
- Drive a lower emissions or hybrid car > free raffle entries with the chance to win a weekend away for 2
- Drive an electric car > receive £500 towards a home charger