About the company
Standing on Giants is the world’s first agency for businesses that want to build a brand-owned, online community. We empower businesses to build thriving online communities that put their customers at the centre of everything they do. Born from the team that created the revolutionary community-led model at mobile disruptor giffgaff, Standing on Giants now works with leading businesses like Airbnb, O2, Tesco Bank and Utilita, helping them launch successful communities that deliver real results. We are Khoros Kudos award-winners in 2020, recognising our work as Best-In-Class.
We are proud to be the first online community company to attain B Corp Certification, meaning we ascribe to the highest standards of environmental and social responsibility. As a company, our vision is a world where business works for the benefit of people and planet, not just profit, powered by trusting and collaborative communities. As a result, it’s important that we take active steps towards this every day in our work. Our people are, therefore, of central importance. We have a range of employee benefits to enable you to do your job to the best of your ability and we pride ourselves on our supportive, open environment and shared efforts to keep our working practices as sustainable as possible.
About the role
The Head of Community will work directly with one of our largest clients, leading the Legion community management team and taking the lead on the creation and implementation of the online community strategy. This is an incredible opportunity for someone experienced in gaming and the Online Community Management field who is ready to take on their next challenge.
We are looking for someone with extensive experience in both people and client management, who understands the importance of building meaningful and trustworthy relationships with stakeholders and members alike. The ideal candidate will have a passion for gaming and community management and constantly strive to learn, innovate, and advance the profession. They will be highly engaged in the gaming and community management industries, and able to think beyond data to connect with people on a personal level.
They will be hard-working and quick to learn. Highly self-motivated too – they’re the kind of person who’s always striving to do better. If you have an open, honest and collaborative approach to your job, you’ll fit right in.
Community leadership & team management:
- Manage the community management team on a day to day basis, create objectives and continuously support the team’s personal development
- Lead the community management team to engage and create content, ultimately supporting the business to thrive by providing insights gained from the community on a regular basis
- Act as an advocate of the brand in the community, as well as an advocate of the community within the brand, providing superior value and support to the community
- Support community managers in handling and effectively communicating with community members during unpredictable situations, time-bound community projects, or dealing with abusive behaviour by applying SoG's methodology for educating members
- Monitor and analyse community performance to ensure agreed KPIs are being met and work with the team to send regular quantitative and qualitative reports on the community’s progress to the Client.
- Gain and maintain key knowledge of your community’s highly engaged members and how the team can grow this base as well as better serve and engage them.
- Perform an exemplary role as a leader within our business, understanding how to utilise the resources we have in-house and when to ask for help, as well as the responsibility to bring your learnings back in order to benefit the wider business.
Community strategy definition and implementation:
- Create the online community management strategy, including objectives and KPIs, based on the SoG methodology and in cooperation with the Client
- Lead the implementation of the agreed community strategy to meet defined objectives
- Maintain regular communication with the client, utilising both qualitative and quantitative information to ensure the right decisions are made for both the community and business.
- Continually review and evolve strategy based on learnings and internal and external client changes, as well as regularly reviewing platform and member data and feedback to monitor progress and spot new opportunities.
- Where possible, collaborate with other channels within the Lenovo engagement ecosystem, ensuring that the community is an integral part of this ecosystem whilst also complementing the other channels.
- Engage with the wider industry around gaming and community management, maintaining knowledge of industry trends and constantly striving to learn, innovate, and adapt at the forefront of the industry.
- Build a trusted relationship with Legion stakeholders, educating them where necessary, consulting and supporting with ongoing client needs.
- Navigating the complexity of the client's organisation and varied points of contact, to represent the community and influence and coordinate with internal stakeholders and external partners.
- Ability to challenge clients where necessary, prioritise tasks effectively and have the confidence to assert themselves when needed; able to balance the need to implement Standing on Giants’ tried and tested methodology whilst aligning with the needs of the client.
- Ensure continuity of care, and consistently deliver on promises made to clients, where possible seeking to go beyond client expectations.
- Ability to identify and take advantage of opportunities as they arise, with a proactive mindset that seeks out new possibilities for the communities’ growth and development
- Fluent in English and excellent communication skills especially in writing, including editing, translating and content creation
- 5+ years of experience in running or managing online communities (forums) including Head of Community experience
- Outstanding engagement skills including promoting productive behaviours, being relentlessly positive and effectively managing conflicts
- Great listening and influencing skills; high emotional intelligence
- Strong analytical skills, including data collection and reporting
- Effective organisational and prioritisation skills
- Technical skills including community platform, google suite and Mac knowledge
- Great strategic skills including community and content strategy development; trendspotting and synthesising; benchmarking and reporting; needs and competitive analysis
- A wealth of stories, experiences and learnings to share with us stemming from your community manager journey
Nice to have
- Good cultural understanding of the United Kingdom
- Experience working in a gaming community
- Knowledge of other European languages is an advantage
We are an Equal Opportunities employer, we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, colour, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive working environment.
Remote positon with regular travel into London.
Due to the large number of applications we receive we are only able to respond to successful applicants.