Bloom & Wild is re-inventing the $60B global flower industry. Over a billion flower exchanges take place every year and industry satisfaction levels are low. Driven by our vision of creating the destination for making life a little more thoughtful and beautiful, we do things differently. From inventing letterbox flowers to founding The Thoughtful Marketing Movement. And we’ve seen impressive traction to date - we are Europe’s largest direct to consumer flower company.
In January 2021 we announced our £75 million Series D funding round, led by General Catalyst (backers of Airbnb and Deliveroo), alongside other top tier investors including Index Ventures (investors in Wise and Glossier). We are home to a family of 3 strong brands, Bloom & Wild, bloomon and Bergamotte, having acquired bloomon in April 2021 and Bergamotte in July 2021. Together, we are active in 8 countries.
We really care about creating a diverse and inclusive team and we welcome people from all backgrounds, with different perspectives, ideas and experiences to work with us. In our team, everyone has the freedom to give their opinion, grow in their career and be part of a genuinely caring and inclusive team.
We’re on a mission to make data at the heart of what we do as at Bloom & Wild. You’ll work closely with the Operations team to drive data-driven decision-making within all areas of Operations. You’ll be joining the Analytics & BI team and there will also be the opportunity to work with and learn from the rest of the team.
We’re looking for an Operations Analyst to join our team. Reporting to the area lead of the BI Operations team as they optimise getting our products from farm to recipient in the most efficient way possible. This newly created role has lots of potential for future growth.
Please note that only applicants with intermediate- advanced hands-on SQL experience will be considered. This will be tested during the application process.
- You'll have ownership of Operations Squad’s analytical roadmap (with support as needed) and be responsible for sizing and prioritising work to deliver the most impactful and timely insights.
- You will work with several key parts of the Operations team these include:
- Fulfillment & Delivery - working closely with the team to ensure that we effectively track fulfillment and carrier partner performance that optimises customer satisfaction and profitability.
- Trading team - working closely with this team to ensure the optimal amount of stock to sell and avoid any wastage.
- Sustainability - we are actively working to be a net 0 emissions company. You’ll be working with our sustainability team in order to understand the data needs, and challenges as well as focus on the key areas of impact.
- Own fulfilment team - we have different warehouses in different countries. You will help provide this team with reporting to help optimise customer satisfaction.
- Supply Chain and Quality - You will help this team to measure the quality of products including non floral gifts. You will create reporting to ensure that we achieve a high customer NPS and provide recommendations if you identify any areas for improvement.
- Customer delight- You will support the customer delight team to understand the performance of our help centre, providing recommendations on areas we could look to improve.
- This role will be a combination of building reporting and investigative analysis. You will be able to navigate the opportunities/challenges of both.
- You are focused on the most valuable and high impact work and are not afraid to push back on requests if they do not have a clear impact/use.
- This role is fast paced, so it will be important that you'll be able to identify quick wins and make trade-offs while maintaining analytical best practice.
- You'll provide robust and easy to understand recommendations from your analysis that can be explained to technical and non-technical colleagues.
- You have strong communication skills and you're a team player. You'll use these skills to develop strong relationships throughout the business.
- You will be action-oriented and ensure that recommendations feed the long-term roadmap.
- Have at least 3 years of hands-on day to day SQL experience- intermediate/advanced level required. This will be used every day and is a mandatory requirement of the role.
- Proven track record (and examples) of creating actionable insight and recommendations which have driven business impact
- Track record of working independently to shape analytical problems and define testing methodologies
- Experience working with Tableau (or other reporting tools)
- Previous experience of automating reporting and simple tasks
- A strong attention to detail coupled with an ability to identify big-picture opportunities to add value
We are a distributed team with two office locations in Amsterdam and London and multiple warehouse locations. To maximise learning and cross-collaboration, the UK commercial and trading teams, and the majority of the UK teams we collaborate with, work from our London office 2-3 days per week. A similar amount of in person time is preferred, but not a requirement for this role, but it is worth noting that during our peak weeks (Christmas, Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day) the whole commercial team will be office based.
We’re working hard to create a culture of inclusion for our teams, whether they’re working from the office or home. And so whether you need to be at home for focus time or for a school pickup, or you want to spend time with your co-workers, we’ll do our best to make your experience a good one!
Our perks and benefits:
* 25 days holiday, with an additional day off for your birthday, plus bank holidays, totalling 34 days, per year. There is also the option to buy an extra 5 days holiday each year
* Flexible working schedule (core hours from 10-4pm)
* We offer flexible bank holidays so you can trade a bank holiday day off and in its place take off another day that fits better with your beliefs, values and celebration calendar
* Choose your laptop and any extra equipment you need to do your best work
* Health cash plan through Simplyhealth
* Personal development budget
* Enhanced Family Friendly policy
* Financial wellbeing support through Bippit
* Workplace nursery - a salary sacrifice based childcare scheme
* Cycle to work scheme
* Pension contribution
* Discounts on our blooms!
* Lunch & learns
* Bloom & Go Wild trips
Our lovely, light and spacious office is conveniently located close to Vauxhall and Oval stations in London. We have an informal, inclusive and scale-up culture, and those who choose to come into the office, also benefit from:
* A kitchen stocked with snacks + a beer, wine and soft drinks fridge
* Early finishes on Thursdays & Fridays to spend more time with each other
* We love to get together to celebrate! Events include Summer & Christmas parties, post peak celebrations and team lunches
In addition, we’re supporting each other and maintaining our culture remotely through:
* Weekly online yoga class
* Celebration of birthdays, anniversaries, and special occasions
* Weekly Stand Up and Monthly Meetings to celebrate our successes and value nominations
* Wellbeing support through our online platform, Open Up, which offers online therapy sessions