Chess.com is one of the largest gaming sites in the world and the #1 platform for playing, learning, and enjoying chess.
We are a team of 650+ fully remote people in 60+ countries working hard to serve the global chess community. We are here to support 125M+ chess players worldwide with the best possible product, content, and tools to serve the community!
We are a tech company. A gaming company. A content company. And we do it all with passion and commitment to the game. Above all we prize our mission-driven, flat, life-celebrating, no-corporate culture, and we look forward to meeting you and learning more about what you can bring to the team.
You have a passion for growing organizations through the implementation of strategic partnerships across a range of different industries. You (ideally) have experience at a leading brand management agency or consulting firm where your main role was helping clients define and execute their strategic growth and marketing initiatives through cross-industry/cross-sector collaborations. You have experience in the gaming and/or sports industries. You are skilled in translating complex partnership ideation processes into actionable responsibilities and project timelines. You are passionate about nurturing “win-win” long-term partnerships that drive business growth and serve the Chess.com mission. You are based in the U.S. or Canada (required).
What You’ll Do:
You will work together with our Business Development and Partnership team. Your main responsibilities will be:
- Develop project timelines and communication with partners to meet partnership goals
- Be proactive in generating new collaboration areas to keep partners engaged
- Create and maintain cross-functional project management responsibilities and timelines assigning and communicating tasks internally
- On a regular basis, support new partner acquisition by assisting with preparation of new pitches where your experience from managing the existing partnerships can translate into successful case studies and new opportunities
- Assist in forecasting, measuring, and results reporting
- At times, this role will also require traveling to partner’s events in the US/Europe
- 5+ years of partnership / key account management experience, ideally from gaming and/or other sports industry
- Strong discipline and ability to manage multiple project timelines and responsibilities for multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Strong relationship-building instincts
- People and purpose centric approach to doing business
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong collaboration skills
- Familiar with Chess.com platform and community: not necessary, but a plus if you are!
- Interest in and love of chess not required, but a plus
- Must be based in the U.S. or Canada
About the Opportunity
- This is a full-time position
- We are 100% remote (always have been, always will be!)
- This is open to applicants who can legally work in the US
You can learn more about us here:
We look forward to meeting you!