Job Title: Financial Accountant
Salary: Dependent on Experience + up to 20% yearly bonus + benefits
Shift Pattern: Monday to Friday 09.00 - 17.00
Location: We could support hybrid working from our office in London
We’re building an amazing team and we’re looking for an ambitious and purpose-driven Financial Accountant.
The role will be a key part of the Financial Reporting and Control team and is a great opportunity for someone who wants to make a difference in a growing team and organisation. The Financial Accountant will contribute significantly to the monthly and annual financial reporting processes, while also having a large scope to drive process improvement and work on interesting and varied projects. The role is a great stepping stone for someone wanting to develop their skills in a banking environment with strong opportunities for internal progression.
We’re Tandem. The UK’s greener alternative to digital banking providing hard-working people across the UK with greener ways to spend, borrow and save.
We have more than 500 people in London, Blackpool, Cardiff, Durham, and Manchester, all working together to create a greener, more accessible bank for people across the UK.
We’re on a mission to proactively help our customers to reduce their carbon footprint and accelerate the UK to net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we need more people to help us achieve this goal.
We've taken the beliefs, behaviours, and personality and created four underpinning values. These values demonstrate our guiding principles and behaviours for everyone at Tandem. Our ambition is that these values are ingrained and always front of mind when we're engaging with our stakeholder audiences. Our values are BRAVE, ENTERPRISING, SIMPLE and TOGETHER.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be educated to degree level with a strong academic background
- Be ACA/ACCA qualified or equivalent
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be an independent thinker and exhibit a proactive approach to problem solving
- Have experience of working in a regulated financial services environment or experience working with financial services clients within a Big Four audit firm
- Have experience with UK and international accounting standards
- Have strong Excel skills
- Show a high attention to detail
- Play a key part in the month end close process, including reviewing the overall financial results of the Group and understanding drivers of changes in financial performance
- Assist with annual financial statement preparation across the Group, including ownership of the financial statements of various subsidiaries
- Ownership of month end accounting and reconciliation for various banking products and Treasury instruments
- Support the implementation and development of financial reporting controls
- Review current processes for opportunities for automation/improvement and drive the implementation of these
- Preparation of quarterly VAT return and management of the Group’s ongoing VAT compliance
- Liaise with teams such as Treasury, Regulatory Reporting, Technology and Data to answer queries and improve our financial reporting
- Coach junior team members on accounting best practice and review monthly reconciliations/postings
- Contribute to considerations on technical accounting matters, including analysis of financial information and researching accounting standards
- Liaise with external auditors
- Assist on adhoc analysis and deep dives as needed by the Financial Controller and Finance Manager
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
- Buy or sell up to 5 days a year
- 1 day off for your birthday
- Electric vehicle scheme
- Free cereal and snacks in the office
- Cycle to work scheme and a free helmet
- Reward Hub for treats and discounts
- Pension contribution matched up to 4%
- 2 days per year paid volunteering
- Healthcare cash back plan
Take part in our Green Deal
- Volunteer 2 days a year for charity > receive an early Friday finish
- Raise £200 per annum for charity > Tandem provide PR and marketing support
- Have renewable energy at home > receive an additional 1 day annual leave
- Drive a lower emissions or hybrid car > free raffle entries with the chance to win a weekend away for 2
- Drive an electric car > receive £500 towards a home charger
Tandem Money is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to meeting our responsibilities under the Equality Act (2010). We respect the diverse experience and talents that every individual brings to our Company, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Please be aware that background checking (including credit and criminal records checks) form part of our recruitment process. We will adhere to our duties under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Our mission is to build a business of the future, that improves people's financial lives.
No agencies please.