📍London/Remote UK | 💰 £120,000 - £170,000 + Benefits
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
About our Business Banking Team:
We’re looking for a Product Director with an entrepreneurial mindset to join one of the fastest growing and impactful collectives at Monzo - Business Banking. We’re also the winner of the Best Business Banking Provider (British Bank Awards) for 2022!
Monzo Business serves over 250,000 small businesses - nearly 1 in 20 business in the UK. The team is currently made up of 3 product squads focussed on meeting the most important needs of our small business customers. We plan to continue growing the Business Banking collective to 5 product squads by the end of the year. The squads design and build new features, optimise existing ones and run growth experiments.
We know business banking shouldn't be complicated. So, we've built a business bank account that lets business owners get on with running their business. Our simple, powerful app lets busy business owners sort their finances with ease, wherever they are: starting with our quick and easy sign-up process. Making payments, sending invoices and saving for tax are simple - just as they should be.
What you’ll be working on:
You will be a member of the Business Banking Leadership Team. You’ll be responsible for the delivery, improvement and building of new products within the world of Business Banking and ensuring that we are set up to scale. You will lead and coach our team of 3 Product Managers so that they can reach higher and develop their careers. You will formulate strategic plans to grow Business Banking whilst also protecting and improving the customer experience.
This role will also be part of the leadership team for the Product organisation and will report to the Chief Product Officer, with a line to the General Manager.
- Developing multiple Product teams to build a high-functioning org of passionate PMs.
- Defining and embedding a long-term Product strategy for Business Banking.
- Identifying and deeply understanding customers needs to build products that solve real problems.
- Instilling a test and learn mentality across your team and the broader product organisation and using data to prioritise and measure impact.
- Working closely with data, design, marketing and engineering leaders to support and inspire your teams as they develop their product areas
You should apply if you have:
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to quickly zoom in and out of key metrics to identify opportunities or problems
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to coach, mentor, and guide direct reports (and others in the team in other disciplines eg, data, research)
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to provide clear and constructive feedback
- Clear and concise communication skills to convey product strategy and vision
- Ability to prioritise roadmaps across multiple competing priorities and timelines - with high consideration of longer term strategy, user needs, and business outcomes
- Clear understanding of UX design and research frameworks and principles, when to apply them and are intensely customer focussed
- Able to lean into different PM frameworks and concepts, flex and apply them in different scenarios (eg, growth frameworks, JTBD, etc)
- Past experience building impactful products as an individual contributor prior to moving into a leadership role.
The Interview Process:
Our interview process involves 3 main stages:
- Recruiter Call (30 mins) - Once you apply, one of our Recruiters will reach out to you for an introductory conversation.
- Initial Chat (60 mins) - This will be an introductory conversation with our General Manager for Business Banking. We would love for you to do a short presentation on a project that you have led, ideally from inception to delivery, as a Product Leader. How you helped teams to deliver against a goal… and FAST!
- Product Loop (2 hours and 45mins) - This stage consists of 3 separate interviews that usually happen across 1-2 days. This will be made up of 2 X Case Studies and a Leadership Interview. If you get through to this stage, your Recruiter will have a 20-minute chat with you beforehand to help you get ready and prepare for this stage.
Our average process takes around 3-4 weeks but we will always work around your availability. You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you do have any specific questions ahead of this please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
One of our Product Managers has written a detailed blog on their experience through this process, for extra details, hints and tips please see 'My first 3 months at Monzo as a Product Manager'
What’s in it for you:
💰 £120,000 - £170,000 ➕ plus stock options & benefits
✈️ We can help you relocate to the UK
✅ We can sponsor visas
📍This role can be based in our London office, but we're open to distributed working within the UK (with ad hoc meetings in London).
⏰ We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
📚Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
➕And much more, see our full list of benefits here
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in ourblog, 2021Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2022Gender Pay Gap Report.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, or veteran, neurodiversity or disability status.